LDC XH

Ceaser

I just got my 8'6 custom XXH Parobolic and have taken it out twice.no fish yet but wow what a difference I have a 795ml 867 and a few Okuma's.i can't beleave how great this rod is.what ever bait I put on it it feels like it was made for that bait.very impressed with castability and overall performance of this Rod.props to Ben he makes the best rods I've ever used.

• 2 weeks later...
Picked up a used production XH off the black market recently... on its first outing, I casted my 8" hudd so far that I got hung up on branches I never thought I'd reach. In addition, 25# Big Game ain't no joke...

LOL, I did this the first time I took my custom XH out... was throwing a 12" Slammer and went to throw it at a tree line at the pond up the road. Ended up throwing the bait OVEr the entire tree line, LOL. Was quite the shock. Then I stuck a 4 pounder, so it was all good.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the works on getting my first LDC rod but am debating if I should get a 8'6" XH or a 8'6" XXH? My heaviest big baits I throw is the Deps SS 250 down to 8" Hudds. I have never used a LDC rod before so am looking into getting some feed back from all the current owners in here... I want more distance in my cast that is the reason for adding the extra 6" on the rod. Or does a 8' LDC cast far enough with the big baits I'm using? Please help. Thanks

I am in the works on getting my first LDC rod but am debating if I should get a 8'6" XH or a 8'6" XXH? My heaviest big baits I throw is the Deps SS 250 down to 8" Hudds. I have never used a LDC rod before so am looking into getting some feed back from all the current owners in here... I want more distance in my cast that is the reason for adding the extra 6" on the rod. Or does a 8' LDC cast far enough with the big baits I'm using? Please help. Thanks

Both would be fine, if you want a parobolic the XXH is your best bet. but my 8" XH man handles the deps 250 and is a great hudd rod. Id recommend that

• 2 weeks later...

Parabolic is good for trebles I guess. I used to be really into that action. But through trial and error, I dont prefer it for larger baits anymore. the trebles on most of the bigger hardbaits are size 1 or above. Plenty big to dig in. My hook/land ratio are about the same over the past couple years. The best rods I found for hardbaits are the production LDCs. Save your $$ and get one of those. Have the custom, its a nice rod for top hook hudds I guess but the xh production handles those fine too. the advantage I have with non parabolic rods is the ease of casting and accuracy. PLus the production series blanks will bend very deep into the blank when you catch a big fish. I havent found a point where it "bottoms out" and stops flexing, even on DD fish. Im putting an XXH parabolic and XH custom up in the black market this weekend to fund future purchases of produciton rods LOL

• 4 weeks later...
to my knowledge, no one throws baits that size on a XH....xxh custom would be better suited to that

My XH actually man handles the hinkle, I know another member on here, cant think of the name throws his hinkle and mother on the production XH, it throws the hinkle easy which is about the same as the MagX, however the XXH is probably ideal but I couldnt tell you from experience

to my knowledge, no one throws baits that size on a XH....xxh custom would be better suited to that

My XH actually man handles the hinkle, I know another member on here, cant think of the name throws his hinkle and mother on the production XH, it throws the hinkle easy which is about the same as the MagX, however the XXH is probably ideal but I couldnt tell you from experience

thats kinda what i figured, i may fire on one not sure yet, thanks for the input.