Deeps 250 Rod??

californiacatcher

Sup everyone! Looking to pick up my first 250 and wanted to know what rod y'all like the throw em on? I tried one with my Daiwa heavy dxsb but didn't feel super comfortable! LDC? Loomis? Dobyns? etc.

I have a moam for sale in the black market that handled the 250 perfectly.

I second the 908! Can't go wrong with that rod and the warranty. I know guys that prefer dobyns rods over all these custom rods. I can't say personally I haven't tried any of the custom rods. Throws 250 all the up to a hinkle trout no problem. I like to throw Hiro Godzillas on it too.

Dobyns 867 for sure if you want to go the production route. 908 is also good as it capable of tossing the hinkle trout and mother or any baits in the 9-14 oz range ... if you're going custom ask the rod wrapped to build on the Phenix Black Diamond 869H or 869XH ... both of those blanks have a really nice parabolic bend to them ... most guys wrap on those blanks for glide bait rods ... also take note that Phenix doesn't have "XXH" rating per say ... the 869H is actually used for XH ratings while the 868XH (or 909XH) is used for XXH ratings ... hope that helps