806&795 need help from Dobyns guys

TheKodyTaylor

Looking into buying my first swimbait rod and cant decide between a Fury 795 or 806. The smallest size bait i will throw will by a Gantarel Jr. (1.5oz) and was wondering if the 806 is too much rod for the bait, and whats the max realistic weight max for the 806. But i also know i will start wanting to throw bigger baits and knew the 795 would only take me so far. planned on pairing it with a Cardiff 300. i also mostly fish out of my kayak. Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post.

I have the 795 and it's an awesome rod for small to medium baits. I'd say realistically 3.5 ounces is its max. Can't speak for the 806

Ditto. It depends on the size of the bait you see yourself fishing. The 795 would throw the ganteral jr adequately, but I would definitely look into the 806 if you want to throw 8" hudds, medium sized glides, etc. From my experience the Fury 795 cuts off right before that "medium" swimbait range

I throw my Deps 250 on my 806 and love it...Now it's the Championship series but it should be the same...I do own the 795 Fury and love the rod but get the 806 cuz you'll be throwing bigger baits in no time...

Does the rod throw it easily or is it pushing it? I know the 250 weighs 6.5 ounces and i cant imagine me throwing anything bigger than the 250 honestly and if it can handle that i shouldnt have any worries of not having enough rod power for any bait

I have been throwing it for a few years without any issues...Plus I love the way the rod loads up and with the 250 being a treble bait I feel I stick more fish with it...Of course the 867 would be ideal but they don't make the Fury in that model (yet) but the 806 handles the 250 just the way I like it!

I have been throwing it for a few years without any issues...Plus I love the way the rod loads up and with the 250 being a treble bait I feel I stick more fish with it...Of course the 867 would be ideal but they don't make the Fury in that model (yet) but the 806 handles the 250 just the way I like it!

well that convinced me to get one just placed my order on TWH will be my first Dobyns as well as my first dedicated big bait rod.