New Moon Frenzy

IsaacM619

Yesterday was epic...in a good way and a bad way. Caught a solid 8 pounder on a wake jr in the evening then proceeded to catch 12 fish up to 6 pounds until 12:30am. At 12:30am I was waking across some submerged weed beds when the big one I was after bit. She immediately started pulling drag which the 8 pounder did not do. She was GIANT...she jumped then barreled her way deep and my line just snapped. 25lb maxima line. I must have had a nick somewhere, which sucks because I am super paranoid about that. Anyway that was my last cast for the night. Great night, you win some you loose some. 

post-24557-0-42029300-1500655573_thumb.jpg

post-24557-0-22072500-1500656019_thumb.jpg

post-24557-0-21738900-1500656026_thumb.jpg

Go back and see if shes floating wake jrs are pretty buyoant and the trebles may give her problems also..If nothing else may find your jr sounds like it catches..

Yeah I am heading back out this afternoon...I hate thinking of her swimming around with that wake jr in her jaw, that sucks. 

I am amazed how unpredictably the biggest fish in a fishery act especially in pressured waters. Nobody told me that when I got into this game. lol. They do weird things. Showing herself late is example of that imo, maybe heading near a rock to fray your line another....I don't see many true legends very often but I did this year postspawn when females were loosely near old beds. a really big one came off of vertical rock with no bed nearby and then hit my pats boatside. I was on a multi fsh run and yet that hit was so different from the 4-5lber pattern I was on that it gave her the advantage and she got off. The boatside hit did not allow my SB cranking rod to load up......

Yeah I am heading back out this afternoon...I hate thinking of her swimming around with that wake jr in her jaw, that sucks. 

Ive never lost one  with a swimbait pinned to its jaw,ive lost several with DD crainkbaits in them.Was surprised how big a fish a Norman 22 will float up.Recovered a couple of them.Now if loose i always check back a couple times in the day when possible.