Can't get bite during the day on Magnum rats need help

basssavage24/7

So I've been logging a lot of time in with the cl8 bait big possum and the xxl nezzuma rat. About 40 hours between them in the last month. I've spent about 28 of them during the day and nothing not even blow up or a follower.

I have caught some only at night tho nothing huge like over 4.5 rat bite in general been slow this year. I understand these ain't your average rat bait but not getting any interest during the day got me scratching my head alittle.

Its weird to me last year rat bite was so hot I had to upsize to keep the Dink's off but this year I could barely buy a bite any advice. Also what is a good 9 inch worm for replacement tails was looking at the gambler legde worm as a option but don't know how thick they are since no one here in my state sells any worms bigger then 7" you can only imagine the looks and snarky remarks I get when throwing swimbaits except for a few guys here know alittle about big bass.

The bite will change from year to year. Sometimes what toot caught a ton of fish on last year won't catch you any fish this year. Especially if the bite was crazy one year, it could just shut off the next. The replacement tails your looking for are called Ron Z tails.

Thank you for the info will be picking up some tails today. Im still going to throw them at night vs the day, need to pick up another top water for daytime. See if my luck changes haven't stuck anything over 5lbs in awhile now.

I started throwing a cranking model baby possum and matched the hatch. Bass will bite out of instinct but if it looks local it might help. Try and get the possum subsurface right near ambush spots and that can trigger the struck. Just read any of the got em posts about guys getting bit on slammers right as they dip below. Good luck.

I will try some cranking down see if that helps I got one big fish located been throwing all week at it. Can't change the angel on the spot since I still fish on the bank. Haven't tried throwing a rat at it.

Will try all these tips see if I can make it react.

i almost always crankdown in the day with big rats and all my DDs on rats have came on the crankdown. anywhere from 1-4ft. Pauses seem to be important. I use Zoom Mag Trick worms for tails. If not those then the strike king 10" straight tail cut down. Always easy to order those two.