Battling Deamons

Ali

Let me start by saying that I don't have the luxury of knowing how to fish bass any other way but with a swimbait. When I jumped feet first into bass fishing, the goal was to catch the biggest bass in my local lakes and the best way to do that seemed to be with the big baits.

The problem arises back at the dock when everyone is pulling out and slapping each other high fives and pats on the back for an awesome day out. Fish are pulled out of live-wells and pictures are taken with 12 pound limits.

"How did you do?" when they see me come in with laughable sized baits tied onto what looks to be rods and reels designed to catch bluewater species.

"Not so good." has been my general reply these days.

"Great jig bite out there" or "I really nailed them flippin' wood with a senko" as some friends encourage me to keep at it. I don't know how to do that. Those tactics involve some serious skills which I don't have nor do I have the patience or desire to develop. Sorry, I picked my poison, and now I have to deal with the consequences. Out on the water the voices inside my head start going off wondering if this was a good choice for how to spend my day. Maybe I could borrow a jig from one of the guys? Maybe stitch a senko? I have a beautiful wife and daughter at home I need to spend time with so why am I out here? All day, everyday. And nothing to show for it.

Then I get a divine reminder on why I do this.

post-172-14252986159855_thumb.jpg

Deamons 0, Ali 1

I love the way they lite up in the live-well:

post-172-14252986160451_thumb.jpg

You can keep your senko and jig. I'll wear my shoulder and back out throwing the big bait. And my only fish for the day outweighs your daily limit.

-Ali

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Nice fish, lol I know the feeling when people think your salt water fishing loL, I was throwing the OG wake the other day with an ldc xh and 401te, and people were looking at me like WTF (someone should tell this guy there is no muskie in this lake) Keep on chuckin

Sweet fish man! SWEET FISH! Amazing pictures too!

Bet that one felt good. I know the feeling of doubting my decisions all too well. Going through one of those times right now actually. Looking for a 10 or 11 pounder to reassure me I'm doing it the right way!