Kaesu kotetsu review request

BrhodesBassin

I have thrown them, I have a couple... rainbow, white fang, and the red. They are, for lack of a better comparison, very similar to a Roman Made custom in design and application, they even have similar sink rates. They are definitely smaller, and require almost nothing special, in regards to gear... because they are so light. They have a surprisingly nice glide, but it needs to be done slowly, it pitches quite a bit on a faster retrieve. I've fished it on 12 pound flouro, and up to 20 pound flouro in pike waters.

They are amazing on a subtle, almost loose line pull... I find myself doing most of the lure work with my rod tip, and then reeling in sack line slowly. The hook harness is solid, it seems to be a nylon type line that runs to the single hook, versus the cord that you'd see on a custom. The hook on the tail is molded in the bait and the soft tail, and can rotate freely, which has saved me a couple fish on it for sure. I've caught a couple smallies, and a handful of largemouth on them... but to be honest, I've also missed several without having those trebles hanging underneath too. 

The finish on them is incredible, great paint. The chemical wood seems strong, but I did lose one in the wind on a long cast and break one on a dock early in the season. They aren't super dense, which makes me feel like as long as they hit water you're fine. 

If you're after a light weight, smaller profile bait, that gives you the advantages of the top hook setup, the Kaesu is absolutely worth it. Awesome little bait, gets bit, and plain and simple, there are not a lot of things like it being made anymore.

• 9 months later...

If your looking to buy any Johnson’s Bait and Tackle in Yuba City, Ca has a TON in stock. They have been getting a whole bunch of JDM stuff in. Thought you might want to know. Once I save up a little more money I plan on getting one. Tight lines!

-Gerik