Shrek and.... DONKEH!

ncstatefisher

It's been a downright rough couple weeks, works been really stressful due to things outside my control, had to sink a bunch of unexpected money in to the car, just a real stinker. Long story short stress got the better of me in the form of a couple reactions that have my face swelled up lookin like Shrek. Well what's shrek without Donkeh!?!

Even though I feel terrible I wanted to go get in a quick hourlong session with the ol' hardcore glide since that bite has been really strong. About 45 minutes in I got a fiesty 3lb football to commit on a really cool bite, he short struck and I pulled it away from him and he struck again and choked it before I could even reel in my slack. Great fighting little guy and I was content for the evening.

I wasn't far from the end of this side of the lake where I know there's a little deep hole so I went over for the famed 'last cast'. Well, for once the last cast actually WAS the last cast. About halfway in on my retrieve, working slow and methodical with half cranks, my bait gets absolutely HAMMERED. The fish tried several times to dive deep on me to wrap me up in the grass but after losing a nice fish Saturday by not being aggressive enough I put a good bit of pressure on her. She came up and tailwalked twice but she was buttoned up good.

That was all she wrote and my parfait loving friend was up on the bank!

post-22958-0-06737400-1501896788_thumb.png

post-22958-0-09829400-1501896800_thumb.png

post-22958-0-22499800-1501896811_thumb.png

post-22958-0-13375900-1501896819_thumb.png

Didn't want to spam another report up... But the bite is still on :D

Stuck this biggun last night, with a lot less swollen face! Lol, fish medicine at it's finest. This Ninja glide is getting some serious mojo!!!

Easily the most aggressive swimbait bite I've ever had, I wasn't looking and the fish whirpooled it on an aggressive retrieve about 10' from shore, threw water everywhere and stripped some drag. I was expecting her to be even bigger when she came up!

post-22958-0-17348300-1502041004_thumb.png

post-22958-0-37182500-1502041019_thumb.png