Losin it.

Low&Slow

So last night got out for a sesh with my bro. And from the jump ish went wrong. Got to his house with rods and no gear. So after going back to my house, gassing up, and hitting the store we finally get to the spot. Water seems so prime and you can see a bunch of swirls and boils. First cast I throw my wake Jr over some tullies and I'm stuck bad. Can't pull her out so I'm like screw it I'm goin in. I strip down and my bros giggling like a girl. My first time truly swimming for a bait and it's at night lol. I get in chest deep with my headlamp and scissors but I can't get it. Lame. But I know I can get her in the am. So I cut off and tie to a tree branch. So after getting back into my clothes and extra socks. I fished my battle shad for like ten minutes and there must have been a nick because I busted her off on a hook set. At this point I was pissed short two baits and done for the night. By far my worst night losing baits.

post-25338-0-57567600-1502594252_thumb.jpg

Luckily I went this morning and my wake Jr was still there. Got her back but no battle shad but hey that's a part of the game. So what's the most baits/ worst loss you took on the water? Thanks for reading just a little venting going on. Man I'm due for a pig. - L&S

I won the baby bass phoney on Instagram when they did the give away and first trip out, maybe 20 cast in I snagged it. Instead of being smart and following the line to the bait I got mad at it and yanked at it until the line snapped. Spent around 4hrs swimming around that spot and dragging a chicken wire/rebar "lake rake" around it. It's still there somewhere.

1st cast with my new Tranx...fresh spool of 20# Segar...super bad backlash since I didn't set the pins...brand new 9in HPH sank to the bottom and snapped of when I tried to reel it in...took over a year and a half to get that bait and I only fished it a few times before losing it.

I feel your pain...head up keep casting-I bet you get a donkey soon bud

I was doing an ice-off night session for walleye this year and snagged my favorite ROF 1.5 Hudd on a "sandy" flat. I tried all the tricks to get her free but to no avail, so I eventually broke it off. There's no swimming in 40F water. An hour later I make a cast with another Hudd and the line frays and then breaks in mid-cast, mid-rod. Weird as ish and I never could figure out why. But now I was out two Hudds in a single session - I tossed in the towel at that point.

I was doing an ice-off night session for walleye this year and snagged my favorite ROF 1.5 Hudd on a "sandy" flat. I tried all the tricks to get her free but to no avail, so I eventually broke it off. There's no swimming in 40F water. An hour later I make a cast with another Hudd and the line frays and then breaks in mid-cast, mid-rod. Weird as ish and I never could figure out why. But now I was out two Hudds in a single session - I tossed in the towel at that point.

I have been swimming in 40 degree water once (not for a lure) but damn was that cold, I'm not sure I'd ever do it for a lure no matter how much it was though. It would definitely mean the end of that trip at best, unless you were well prepared to dry off and warm back up in the boat, and suicidal at worst depending on the situation. 

I've lost probably 10+ hudds, deps 175, and a gillrilla recently. I've taken a dip on more than one occasion to get other baits back. I've also talked some kayaker into helping me out. I don't get mad any more, I just tie another bait on and keep on chucking.

I hung up my favorite Gillrilla last year fishing from shore. Tried to get it back with a bait knocker. I thought I had hooked one of the trebled and pulled hard only to pull up a broken line. I immediately put up a Pats for trade for another Gillrilla because, you know. They're just that good

First session with my first 250 ever I cast it off into a high water river. No getting that back. Later that year I cast off another. In the last two weeks I've broke off 2 weedless 68s, a weedless 6" and had a pickerel shred the tail off another 68 weedless