Trip down memory lane

Jetfisherjohn

Exactly 2 years ago today I caught my first fish on a swimbait. Swaver120 on a spinning rod. I had spent a whole week watching tacticalbassins video of the swaver and this day I remembered him saying, "if you feel a little tink, set the hook" well that's exactly what happened. Straight retrieve, in the middle of the pond, and tink. This fish went 4lbs even in the middle of summer. And this is what started my swimbait craze. I then bought 2 hudds which I casted off with braid due to backlash on my spinning setup, then I didn't buy another swimbait for a long time. Fast forward to today, and I own no conventional gear at all and only throw swimbaits. Along with being apart of this group and a few more, I still find good info, tips and tricks every day, which help me improve as an angler. Still waiting to catch my pb on a swimbait, but I'm sure it will happen with time! Big thanks to the swimbait community for always being a source of knowledge when I need it!

What are you guys first swimbait fish stories?!

post-28014-0-14340800-1502720153_thumb.jpg

My first time was throwing a Buckley colored osprey tournament talon line through on Toledo Bend. I had no idea what I was doing and I saw a treble hook came with the bait so I thought treble hook=cranking rod. I set it up on a 7'2" medium heavy moderate crucial cranking rod with 15lb seaguar. I brought that set up with me and after a slow morning I decided "what the hell, it looks cool so I'll throw it" after a few casts I caught a 2.5 then later caught a 4+ on it but what got me hooked was I watched multiple 5-6+lb fish follow it all the way to the boat and eat it. I'd set the hook and play them for a couple seconds then they would come off because I was using such a soft rod. A few years and $1000's later I'm still throwing swimbaits and I still have the original Buckley osprey