Conquest

Shimano77

I understand all the mentioned, but what sets this reel apart from others?

I ask because I bought 2 metanium mgl reels to try because of all the hype. They are good, but not worth their price IMO.

I don't want to make the same mistake with possible purchase of a conquest and hoping someone could give specific features, likes, dislikes, etc...

I understand all the mentioned, but what sets this reel apart from others?

I ask because I bought 2 metanium mgl reels to try because of all the hype. They are good, but not worth their price IMO.

I don't want to make the same mistake with possible purchase of a conquest and hoping someone could give specific features, likes, dislikes, etc...

The reel is worth whatever price someone is willing to pay. What you think is not worth the price, someone else may think is a great value. Kind of tough to guage without actually using one. I'd suggest finding someone with one and taking it for a test drive. That's really the only way to find out apart from buying one.

If I knew anyone that had one, I would of done asked to view it and formed a opinion. I've never even viewed one in person or a store. I just see a lot in photos and wonder if I'm missing out....?

I'm just gonna assume it's the smoothest, best looking, flawless constructed, and indestructible reel in the class and take a gamble.

Like most things, the extra 10% improvement in performance comes at a steep price.

Best way to describe the difference is "more refined". Is it "worth" the price difference? No... at the same time, I without a doubt fish my conquests more than any other reel I have. 

If you keep an eye out, the 400 size conquest can be found around the $300 mark.

• 1 month later...