Eclipse fishin'

ncstatefisher

With everybody losing their minds all I can question is how are the fish going to react?

With just under 4 hours or so until we get the darkness here on the east coast just curious if anybody else is gonna be out trying to see what happens on the water and if so what you'll be throwing.

Not sure if the short period of darkness itself will do anything.

But the whole, Earth/moon/sun lined up might trigger something.

I'm working, would be curious to hear what peoples experience is.

I took off work at noon, had afternoon obligations with the wife, so I had a bit of time.  Took the cameras and a rod down to the city lake to see what I could drum up.  We are in the path of totality, so it got VERY dark.  Looked like a sunset in all directions.

Fishing was less than stellar, but did catch a couple dinks on conventional tackle.

Short video I put together.  

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Glad somebody hooked up @Garrett!!

I had one 4lb or so follower within 5 minutes of the "prime time" for my area but outside of that there either wasn't much effect or the fish were on the other side of the lake, no unnatural surface activity mid day or anything fun like that. Did catch one small fish on a fluke but nothing to get too excited about