Small baits = big fish?

Mossypumpkin

Got a couple more good ones last week. That's 10 over 5lbs on the season so far. 6-0 on the shellcracker and a 5-9 on the 30acre wake gill. Lost a fish or two around 5 as well. Hopefully these next few days will put up one more while I'm still on vacation!

post-19435-0-34372200-1503507825_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-90503700-1503507856_thumb.jpg

Only ten so far? Come on Jesse you're slacking off- time to get it in gear!  Lol.

I can't even imagine what you're at lol. I figure I need to get to 15 by early October to have a chance at breaking last years number of 30. But I also have a feeling winter is coming early this year.

BTW guys, Jesse and I both hit number thirty on exactly the same day last fall.  I'm not sure either of us will hit it this year: I'm at 15 and he's at 10.  It was just a weird weather season In New England, especially the spring.  I didn't catch a single 5 pounder in the month of May and that probably hasn't happened in 50 years.  With bass fishing every year, every day, and sometimes every hour is different.

What do you think is the cause? Bass snacking on the gypsy moth outbreak? I notice the fish are bigger in MA this year too. I can't believe how well you're doing up in Maine. Freaking awesome. Love seeing the North East catching big bass!!

Bro did you really mention WINTER!? uuggh.

What do you think is the cause? Bass snacking on the gypsy moth outbreak? I notice the fish are bigger in MA this year too. I can't believe how well you're doing up in Maine. Freaking awesome. Love seeing the North East catching big bass!!

Bro did you really mention WINTER!? uuggh.

Lol embrace the winter. Because before winter is the fall bite, and after is the spring bite haha! Best two times of the year!

We actually have figured out this one place that is very small by our standards. It's has the best numbers of 5+lb fish than anywhere I've ever fished. We have only been fishing it since last summer but this year really realized how much better small gills are the ticket. Zofwiur and I had piles of 5-7 lb fish here last year. Got a few on big stuff but the majority were on gills and 6" hudds. I'm really looking forward to September, October and November here!