Swimbait fishing must haves...

Dirtroadhound

1. A device to hold fish on a scale. Wet thick grocery store bags r good and disposable but those plastic grips work well.

2. Large rubber net to rest fish between pics.

3. Pencil boxes at least two one to hold a couple of SBS dry and another to hold wet ones.

4. If cartopping always bring at least one oar.

5. A well packed cooler with snacks and lots of frozen water etc.

6. Sunscreen or good hat. Sprays work best but don't last often and don't get caught in your eyes when u sweat.

So far:

PMA
Extra line
Charged phone
Scale
Lure retriever 
Polarized glasses and head lamp

Measuring tape / board

Toilet Paper/Wet wipes

Food and water/Gatorade/Smokes/Dip

A device to hold fish on a scale. (Wet thick grocery store bags)

Large rubber net
One oar (if in a boat)
Sunscreen/hat

Thick cutters for hooks etc...

Leatherman

Spare hooks

knife/handgun

Not sure what this is:   "Pencil boxes at least two one to hold a couple of SBS dry and another to hold wet ones."

I like it, many of these things seemed to of made the list from hard lessons learned.

I think I will need a bigger boat or pack, my 16 foot Gheenoe does not have much storage.

SCALE x 100. That DD I wish I had is just a big fish without a weight. Something to take photos with and a mini tripod/ability to prop up camera. Arm out photos suck. I've never needed extra line in my life of fishing. I must have pliers, I fish braid so I have a quality line scissor. I take too many baits usually so good tackle storage. Bass boards make rad photos and help back up weights but I usually have better things for that $$. Dike/angle cutters would be good for solo hook removal. Polarized glasses are a must. Sun protection clothes or block. Good attitude I haven't caught a weight worthy fish in at least two months haha. Good luck

if you're in a gheenoe or even shore pounding, my essentials are 

Rods

1 box of baits (bring too many and you'll never get anything done)

Pliers for when the bait gets waaaay in the back of the mouth

Scale

Smokes

Lighter for smokes (and for cutting braid when the pliers wont)

polarized glasses so you can tell your buddies about the 10lber that was following your bait

WATER

Edited by northeast_trev

Time

Money

Lure Retriever

Gas

Batteries

Net

Beer (when not alone)

Whiskey (same as above)

Wireless speaker (same as above)

And Vodka (when alone). So no one will smell liquor on your breath and know you've been drinking by yourself. :)

Sorry about this, but it can save the day. As fishing related as any 'tackle' I've got; half roll of toilet paper.

Switch from a roll of TP to a pack of Charmin Freshmates. They're awesome and easier to store.

Smokes, bottle of water and a sharp knife. Would rather catch a DD and not know it then not catch one at all. My luck going in underprepaired has caughten me some nice big ones in the DD range. If you have to ask yourself if its a DD then its probly marginal at best. When i go with everything packed in and then some i usually strike out- just my luck!

Edited by GoblinSlayer

[quote name="Dirtroadhound" post="

Not sure what this is:   "Pencil boxes at least two one to hold a couple of SBS dry and another to hold wet ones."

I like it, many of these things seemed to of made the list from hard lessons learned.

I tend to bring only a couple of SBS per trip and use pencil boxes to limit em. About $1 each....Tomorrow is a river sm day so I use smaller ones mostly and others I can lose in snaggy timber. Holds up to 9 inch slammer....I air em in car if I am too tired to put em back.

post-20499-0-57807000-1503686713_thumb.jpg

post-20499-0-24210500-1503686733_thumb.jpg

Mentioned here already,a net would be on the top of my list.When you do catch a TRUE GIANT you have got to get it in.I can't (won't) boat flip TRUE GIANTS im not used to catching them  all the time as they are kind of rare and i get a little wiggy.Been a lot of times when i get them up next to the boat they go wild.Lost a few when i started throwing big baits they can and will throw baits.Wishing you had a net when a TRUE GIANT or even worse a PB  comes unbuttoned is a feeling like no other.