Pouring weedless swimbaits

FayarCustoms

Hey SU

I was wandering if anyone had any experience pouring baits with a hook slot for a hook like an owner beast or similar? Do you pour it with a slot, or do you cut the slot afterwards? Also any other advice for pouring soft baits is helpfull. I have tried several times before but can't get any kick at all. Going to try boiling my baits to make the plastic softer. Thanks a ton!

-Lou

Mold the hook slot beforehand...any cut with a knife makes it way more prone to ripping in half.

Many factors can play into whether your bait will kick or not. I think the biggest factor though is how you design the taper of the body all the way to the base of the tail. Try taking one of you old baits and slicing off some plastic either on the sides or top/bottom right in front of the tail. Softness can play a big role in it too like you said. Boiling can help, or you can try plastic softeners that you add into the plastic when you go to pour a bait. Here's one from Alumilite that you may want to give a try:

https://www.alumilite.com/store/p/939-Alumisol-Softener.aspx

Hope this helps!

Dan