Trying to give the yoooth a start.

Mountainryan

Hey SU, want to throw something out there. I got a younger guy, he conventional fishes and no one in his family fishes (no pops in the picture). He's got a great attitude for a kid who has seen way too much sh@t. I took him out on the boat yesterday (never fished in a boat) and his mind was blown on swimbaits.

He was so stoked and so appreciative that I gathered up a bunch of my beginner baits like the bbz, small hudd, spro rat small swaver ect and gave him them. He was so pumped that after fishing for 6 hours with me he took out his kayak and caught a 4.8 on the spro rat. Yeah, bug officially caught. It's a pretty rad feeling to teach someone else even though I am no expert and I look forward to continuing.

Here's the rub, he is way under gunned on his gear. He supports himself and doesn't have much cash. This isn't campo and I hope he didn't kill the SU spirit. What I'm looking for is a simple beginning rod like a guide select, used is fine as long as it's in working order.

Reel such as a 300 lexa in right hand. If it needs bearings it's fine I will replace. Not looking for free hand outs, I will help him buy, just affordable quality gear.

Reply here or PM me. Warning. If you try and do something cool on the down low I will give you public credit haha. Thanks SU

Ryan

This isn't campo and I hope he didn't kill the SU spirit. What I'm looking for is a simple beginning rod like a guide select, used is fine as long as it's in working order.

Speaking of Campo, he was on Badlands yesterday looking for a swimbait setup for his "roommate". 

I'm allways pumped to see the positive good deeds of fellow members! This is exactly how I got started...let me know if he needs any soft/hard baits...

see my post in the BLACKMARKET “Soft Bait Lot (Thumper/Imakatsu)â€

If he is interested all that is his...I can ship Monday

Peace

Huge thank you to everyone who offered to help. Zsneezes, striperaddict, bigslant, scummybadger, luv-2-catchem. I think I have him a little pile of starter baits and will snag some here and there. The generosity of SU never ceases to amaze. Keep killing it guys. I will try and post updates on his progress until he is ready to crest a profile!

Ryan