13 defy swimbait rod

Jwp90

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke with a local dude who is sponsored by 13 fishing a few guys might know him on here Andre aka BassterdSD. He said the ratings are true but they are a bit stiff he suggested the black series. My brother has the larger version its a dope rod nice and light.

Edited by Low&Slow

I have one...... SUUUUPPPPERR stiff. I have the heavy, and it makes an ok jig hook rod, but that's about all I use it for. It also has a butt that is way too short, IMO, making you have to work harder to cast. The stiffness doesn't help casting either.

I have a Muse Black 8'H 4-8 and if they are anything alike I will second that they are very stiff rods, truly fast action like you might expect from a conventional jig rod. I wouldn't even give tossing treble hook baits a thought with these rods. I use mine for real prey's hudds, and other soft plastics like WRS. The handle is a little short, not too short IMO but some may not like it. I also fish from a kayak with it sometimes and the shorter handle makes it more manageable. Overall I'd get one again without a doubt, I might consider the 8'6" though. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/27/2017 at 10:33 PM, HelpMePickABobber said:

That short handle is what kept me from getting one. I have a Denali swimbait rod I don't use now because of the short handle. Hate it.

Which one? I'm interested, I love them

I have the Muse Black. Very stiff. Strictly my Hudd rod. Short handle, yes but it still works fine for me. Only down fall is when i put my LDC down and pick up the Muse it takes me a minute to adjust to the handle length. But i think 13 is a great brand and there ratings are accurate. If its something you want I'd pull the trigger. It'd at least be a good starter rod for the price!

2 hours ago, JoshPerkins802 said:

I have the Muse Black. Very stiff. Strictly my Hudd rod. Short handle, yes but it still works fine for me. Only down fall is when i put my LDC down and pick up the Muse it takes me a minute to adjust to the handle length. But i think 13 is a great brand and there ratings are accurate. If its something you want I'd pull the trigger. It'd at least be a good starter rod for the price!

X2, Very stiff, I wouldn't even consider treble hook baits with it. I personally like the short handle, especially from a kayakers perspective.