Soft Plastic Swimbaits

VanBass1707

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Hope you all well? I wanted to ask, what would be your go to soft plastic swimbaits, size, shape, make and what do you think makes a good soft plastic swimbait? If you have pics of your favourite soft palstic swimbaits, please post them and tell me what you like most about that bait? Im fairly new to the swimbait thing so I would just like to get everyones opinion.

Thanks Guys

RP Shiner is my go to favorite soft SB in New England lakes + ponds; it’s an awesome bait for skipping under docks and into log jams. Medium sink top-hook is the 1 I like best. This RP Shiner skipped into some wood fooled this Mass LM in early March a week earlier this pond was totally locked up with winter ice, bet there’s not much ice in South Africa.  :-D Think Spring.  :-D

post-17904-0-89256100-1508439016_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

The okuma4 piece rods

Hey Dylan, any info you could provide about multi-piece swimbait rods available in Japan /East Asia would be a real asset to me.  I'm in South Korea, and just planning out my first dedicated swimbait setup.  I'm currently budgeting for a TranX 301A and ~$200-250 USD for a rod.  Living in a small apartment and often taking public transit to the river makes 1 piece rods a non-option.

I am a bank angler and forsee myself throwing mostly soft baits like a Hudd, Trash Fish, and 6.8 Keitechs.  Currently searching out glide bait options as well, S-Waver 168 or something comparable.

Thanks, sir.