Alabama Swimbaiters?

Ktc016

• 2 weeks later...

I'm down in Tuscaloosa and always enjoy getting out throwing big baits. I made a trip up to smith about a month ago and it was tough on us. We found some good schoolers but they were eating tiny bait and couldn't even get a look.

I lived on the Alabama coast for the last 20 years but recently relocated to Illinois; I plan on vacationing down in December. I wasn't able to fish much for largemouth down there, but I fished off the pier and caught Jack crevalle and redfish on bigger baits. Lake Shelby in orange beach used to be a Florida LM trophy lake but has been decimated by hurricanes over the years. however, it has a big population of redfish in the 20-30 lb range that are cooperative. The lake is very clear, but stained like Florida waters. Redfish and Jacks are great practice for when you finally encounter that trophy largemouth!

Over in Auburn a lot. Only three decent sized lakes in the area, all are private membership required lakes. LOL. Go figure. Other than that you pretty much got the 'Hooch

West Point and Harding aren’t far from the auburn area.. wedowee and the tallapoosa river isn’t much farther.. there are 2 county lakes close one in Lafayette and one in auburn..

• 2 weeks later...