Anyone from Pennsylvania?

barkquackgurr88

I'm in South East PA. This year has been a little tough for me as far as the swimbait fishing goes but it's mostly because I haven't been able to put that much time in. Lots of work on new house. I normally fish ponds and small lakes in my kayak and sometimes get out on my cousins boat. Got a few decent fish so far this season but nothing too big. Hopefully I can get out there more when the water starts cooling off.

I'm from York county originally. Had only just gotten into swimbaits when I left. Family is still there but most of the swimbait fishing I did was at codorus state park or at prettyboy reservoir in Baltimore county, MD. Neither was great but I caught a few fish on 6" baits. States records in pa and md are just waiting to be broken. Maybe I'll get to when I go there on leave after I pcs in 9 days!

I'm in Lehigh country and have been primarily throwing them for three years and have tons of success. I fish an old 70 acre quarry that was turned into a rod and gun club that is stocked with tons of trout. While everyone else fishes for trout me and only a handful of guys fish for the bass. Pulled 2 fish over seven pounds out of there and one guy got an 8 pounder this year.

I grew up on the schuykill river near the manayunk canal in Philly albeit it's a new burb that has been gentrified. Never had a chance to fish the river with my bboat since I live up north...huge sm in river..the wissahickon for trout had me spolied...when iaconolli talks about this Creek I am fairly certain he was never a regular.

Edited by bigpoppabass

I'm down in York county, this is my first year throwing only swimbaits and have been doing really well, I've gotten several fish over 6lbs so far this year even with the limited time I have on the water (usually less than 6 hours a week).

Losing fish is never fun but at least you're getting them to bite. Keep at it and one of those pigs will make it in the boat. Not sure how you're bringing them in after hookset but quickly grinding them in has always worked much better for me than playing them and allowing them the chance to fight back.