Swimbaits in Italy.. help needed

365swimbait

Boarded the plane and heading to Rome, Florence then Venice for my honeymoon.. does anyone know of any good shops that sell swimbaits in those cities? Which swimbaits would you buy? I dont want to pass up an opportunity to buy something interesting. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Mike,

I got your private message!
here I am
First of all very congrats for the marriage and the italian trip, I hope you will have nice days in our country!

I’m in the north west of the country, near Milan… i dont know many shop in Florence - Rome o Venice. And I’m sorry, but we in italy don’t buy swimbait handmade in the shop, we dont't find them in the shops, we are lucky If we can find the commercial ones… for the homemade lures the situation is very "UNDERGROUND". Swimbait fishing is not a lot difuse, we are very less people that do that! 
Proglure (Luca) is a friend of mine, now I call him to take a look on this topic!

So You can buy, on our shops, commercial swimbait like deps or jackall/illex etc... at a very good (EU) price.

I had ask some friends on centre-italy some fishingshop's adresses on Rome and Florence, i'll let you knw as soon as possible!!!

regards 
sandro
Edited by sandro r+

Hi everyone and thank BigSlant for mention.

For Mike, in the Italian stores you will find many interesting swimbait, especially Japanese manufactures at really interesting prices. Anyways, hand-made bait are difficult to find in a store, usually the italian builder  makes his baits one at a time for the buyer.

Sandro will give you good advice in private message ;)

I hope you will have nice days here in Italy

regards

Luca