deps 250/175 rundown

sluglord

can one of you super OG guys give a good rundown on the differences between all of the deps 250s and 175s I've been searching for a video for a while and cant come up with anything on the positives and negatives of OG vs SS vs new deps

OG =Original foam body

SS=Slow sink or Slide swimmer

F=Floater

SK=Silent Killer

Silent Killer=Billed floating wake bait (will crank down a little)

Slide Swimmer=Sinking at some ROF (rate of fall) glide bait (can be burned on surface also)

Floating Slide Swimmer=Floating glide bait s-motion on surface

My opinion....OG 250 Slides swim great, New 250 Slides swim great, OG 175 Slides do not swim great, New 175 Slides swim great. You may get a not so good bait once in a while. I do not fish SK or floating Slides so can comment.

Best thing to do is get a couple of baits and fish them different ways and let the fish on your bodies of water tell you what they like.

Hope this helps.

OG =Original foam body

SS=Slow sink or Slide swimmer

F=Floater

SK=Silent Killer

Silent Killer=Billed floating wake bait (will crank down a little)

Slide Swimmer=Sinking at some ROF (rate of fall) glide bait (can be burned on surface also)

Floating Slide Swimmer=Floating glide bait s-motion on surface

My opinion....OG 250 Slides swim great, New 250 Slides swim great, OG 175 Slides do not swim great, New 175 Slides swim great. You may get a not so good bait once in a while. I do not fish SK or floating Slides so can comment.

Best thing to do is get a couple of baits and fish them different ways and let the fish on your bodies of water tell you what they like.

Hope this helps.

I like when people help out, even when the info is already available. Sometimes, all the threads become overwhelming.. Those of you who share the "crippling" ADHD gene, know what I'm talking about.. You're a good dude Brian!

I agree with Brian's post above.  On the new 175 & 250s I like to flatten out a small piece of lead and slip it under the skin at the chin of the bait to minimize it rising up during the retrieve.  Emphasis on small.  It seems that these baits get less publicity these days because people are looking for the "new hot bait" but the Deps just keeps on producing.