Vitamin B

Mossypumpkin

Don’t forget to feed your fish a healthy dose of vitamin Bluegill this fall. Went on a tear this week after work. Wednesday night I got smashed right at my feet and swung a 5-4 on the shellcracker. That’s #23

Thursday I got my first Billrilla so I got to the pond a bit before dark to check it out. Landed a few on it in the 2-3lb range but I knew the bait was money for these fish.

Went back after work last night and it only took about 15 minutes. Slow cranking along and get hit. Immediately knew it was a big fish. For the first 1-2 seconds I couldn’t even move her lol. We both just sat there pulling the opposite direction. Even on the 5.1 Lexa I couldn’t turn her. Finally I did and got her coming. Landed a 5-4 on the Billrilla. Strongest fish ever! That’s #24

Fast forward to a couple hours later. Slowwww stop and go with the shellcracker. Over the past week I’ve been getting bit RIGHT at my feet. Like with 16†of line from my rod tip. So what I’ve been doing is back up away from the bank more so my bait gets fished right up til it’s on dry land basically. Bring in the crackerand I get it almost to me and turn my rod so the bait swims parallel to shore and get destroyed. Was a short fight for sure haha. She goes 6-2. That’s #25!

*i realized i was missing a fish from my calendar lol. 5 more to tie my best ever season. Also have 6 over 6lbs I believe. My best season is 8. So stoked!

Sorry to hijack but I forgot to add the market in general focuses on bluegill patterns but don't forget pumpkinseed patterns as well. They are the yellowish ones. Matt's last hardgill batch was spot on for this pattern. I have been on a couple of lakes worm fishing with my daughter Nora and her cousins, friends etc...and some lakes have a dominant pumpkinseed population.

Edited by bigpoppabass