NH Mid Day Blowup

zsneezes

I went out yesterday for a few hours only to get skunk another day. When I looked at the weather for today it wasn't looking good so I figured I'd take the day off. Woke up this morning and looked outside to see there was no rain yet. I texted my buddy and we decided to hit a canal from shore before it started to rain.

We got to the spot and decided to find the nearest bridge to get to the other side because there was more access. Upon crossing the bridge I found a nice spot with a few over hanging trees. Hit one unsuccessfully then hit the next. Waited a few seconds, slow reel.. BOOM. The fish hit the joker and rolled over allowing me to see the whole body. It was not small haha. The fish took off away from me giving me a great fight. I yelled to my buddy and he sprinted down the bank almost into the water for the fish. He managed to grab it while I kept it pinned. There was an older couple who was walking and saw the whole thing, they were just as stoked as we were. After a few pics and measurements it was time to let her go. I'll remember this one.post-28884-0-96353800-1509299655_thumb.jpg