Anybody Wanna Explain To Me What Happened on Badlands?

HelpMePickABobber

i bought one of the leftover badlands slash gills maybe a month after the initial release.  I received it in a few days.  then i saw people that had ordered weeks earlier hadn't received theirs.  I guess I just got lucky.  But it's weird to me that he seemed to fill some orders without issue and give other people the runaround.

Just read up on some more recent sb nation posts, sounds like contacting badlands is your best bet if you've been burned. 

on another note,

Charlie is an admin on SB Nation?? "not allowed" CHARLIE LEWIS?!?!

i bought one of the leftover badlands slash gills maybe a month after the initial release.  I received it in a few days.  then i saw people that had ordered weeks earlier hadn't received theirs.  I guess I just got lucky.  But it's weird to me that he seemed to fill some orders without issue and give other people the runaround.

That shouldn't seem all that weird or uncommon really, , there are a few bait makers around that have perfected taking people's money and delivering months/years of F'ed up empty promises on delivery, while other guys (fan boys) seem to get their's no prob. Strawd*ck was just a slightly shadier scammer, got too greedy. He scammed a cancer patient out of thousands $$$ couple years ago with some shady raffle... Hopefully justice will catch up to him, and he'll make some lucky guy a great lil cell wifey soon

I dunno what he was doing running a Swimbait group, besides taking peoples money.

Nothing.

Well, he was also cultivating the adoration of 14 yr old noobs. I was on SB when it first got up and running and lasted about two weeks before I bailed. Reading it was like having a tidal wave of stupidity wash over me. It was instantly clear there were about six people in the whole group who had any idea what they were talking about.

As for Strawbridge, I think I blocked him after the fourth or fifth time he responded to my comments on Universe. He was clearly a sh*t-talker with little to no real knowledge of either swimbaits or fishing in general. Sure had a lot of hill-billy fan-boys, though.

Edited by Top Ramen

Hey guys, Iï¸ was reading through this post and discussing it with Charlie Lewis and it came to my attention that he was banned over something that happened 2 years ago. If one of the admins could unblock him he’d like to comment on this and create a good relationship between the new Facebook page and this website. Thank you

Nothing.

Well, he was also cultivating the adoration of 14 yr old noobs.

Ahhh, another Harvey Weinstein/Spacey thing about to surface I bet...

You're absolutely correct though, zero fishing input, all bait flipping and shady deals going on. Glad SU got rid of him.

Nothing.

Well, he was also cultivating the adoration of 14 yr old noobs. I was on SB when it first got up and running and lasted about two weeks before I bailed. Reading it was like having a tidal wave of stupidity wash over me. It was instantly clear there were about six people in the whole group who had any idea what they were talking about.

As for Strawbridge, I think I blocked him after the fourth or fifth time he responded to my comments on Universe. He was clearly a sh*t-talker with little to no real knowledge of either swimbaits or fishing in general. Sure had a lot of hill-billy fan-boys, though.

Exactly, the group was a complete joke. And John had zero creditability as a Swimbait fishermen. He was basically just a bait flipper at best. I never saw many pics of Swimbait fish/catch videos from him or any real evidence that he had any knowledge or experience fishing big baits. Not really sure how he got so many groupies, I guess when you’re a noob and just starting out, you think the guy with the most baits must be the best fisherman or something? Haha

The new "swimbait nation" is a lot like badlands just ran by some children. It's just a bunch of people ish talking badlands and john.

I'm not defending john, as I can only comment on my interactions. The merchandise still hasnt been received. So he's not ripping anyone off. It just took longer than expect...kind of like half the bait makers on here.

Badlands isn't going anywhere. Just because one guy steps down doesn't mean it's closing.

The biggest ish talkers about this whole thing aren't even apart of it. They just want to talk ish and scream from their soap boxes about jail.

You can't arrest someone for not delivering in a promised time frame. There would be a lot of companies failing...

If you don't have money out...don't worry about. Plus DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON THE INTERNET

Hey guys, Iï¸ was reading through this post and discussing it with Charlie Lewis and it came to my attention that he was banned over something that happened 2 years ago. If one of the admins could unblock him he’d like to comment on this and create a good relationship between the new Facebook page and this website. Thank you

why would they unban someone who caused issues and then wasn't even creative enough to create a page with an original name?

The new "swimbait nation" is a lot like badlands just ran by some children. It's just a bunch of people ish talking badlands and john.

I'm not defending john, as I can only comment on my interactions. The merchandise still hasnt been received. So he's not ripping anyone off. It just took longer than expect...kind of like half the bait makers on here.

Badlands isn't going anywhere. Just because one guy steps down doesn't mean it's closing.

The biggest ish talkers about this whole thing aren't even apart of it. They just want to talk ish and scream from their soap boxes about jail.

You can't arrest someone for not delivering in a promised time frame. There would be a lot of companies failing...

If you don't have money out...don't worry about. Plus DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON THE INTERNET

Don't put this all on the bait makers.  John was screwing with them on payments so its no surprise the baits weren't being delivered.  Deal with people you trust.