Anybody Wanna Explain To Me What Happened on Badlands?

HelpMePickABobber

Don't put this all on the bait makers.  John was screwing with them on payments so its no surprise the baits weren't being delivered.  Deal with people you trust.

I'm not saying it was the bait makes at all!! John didn't get stuff shipped in a timely matter AT ALL!!!

But everyone is getting their stuff. It's just a lot later than anyone wanted/expected. Nothing new in the swimbait game.

If you don't like someone then don't deal with them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And for the record I haven't interacted with a bait make that I didn't respect/like. Everyone has been great! Idk why some people hate certain makers...

Let's all just move on and go fishing!!

WHO WANTS TO TRADE SOME BAITS?!?!

I guess what I'm not getting is how were people ordering and paying for stuff... not receiving it, and it continued to go on?  How did none of the other admins know what was happening?  How did this dude get away with it for that long?  Something just doesn't seem right here. 

This happens on every swimbait page, fishing page etc. Ppl get scammed then they go to FB and complain complain complain and say don't deal with this guy he is scammer or darn shouldn't have used Friends and family on pay pal. Some guys even scam on many pages. I'm surprised instead of making 500 posts and 500 comments on each about how dude is a scammer and so and so got scammed outta so much. They don't get the authorites involved. Especailly the magnitude of what John did.

John tried to scam me on a Hinkle shad, told me I didn't have to worry he would never scam anyone and I could send PayPal friends. I sent gs and he still lied multiple times, if I didn't have the option to tell him ship my bait or refund me by end of day or you're getting a dispute, I still wouldn't have my bait or money.

Never trust someone who thinks they know everything and that they are never wrong.

From what I knew personally he had baits ready to ship. But never did. Took a lot of money and kept it for himself. Never sent out tournament winnings either. People paid good money for raffle drawings and some were never received. John kept a lot of the rare/expensive baits for himself. Mattlures, Hinkle's, Lena's etc. Only till someone finally called him out on it, a few baits started getting shipped out. And when 80% of the group jumped in saying the same thing, the admins finally stepped in and went to Johns house to grab the undelivered items. This has nothing to do with builders, was all one guy holding the baits hostage as his own.

Charlie is an admin on SB Nation?? "not allowed" CHARLIE LEWIS?!?!

Don't want to thread jack, but what did Charlie Lewis get banned for?  Might be good to put a write up in the member feedback section to prevent future issues.

Don't want to thread jack, but what did Charlie Lewis get banned for? Might be good to put a write up in the member feedback section to prevent future issues.

This I've been thinking is a good idea a banned members list and why . Not trying to put people on blast but this is not the only site some of these guys are on. Making it harder for people to scam others. Maybe think of it @swimbaitunderground

Edited by Low&Slow

I had one "encounter" with the guy and afterwards left badlands and blocked him. Dude is a straight up arrogant, douche nozzle, know nothing prick. Not surprised to see he f'd people over, but I feel bad for those he did.

I want to take this time and apologize for taking so long in sending tracking numbers last time i sold some baits on here. Ive never scammed anyone but now i understand why people were paranoid. Ive never been scammed and hopefully never will. But again i apologize to the guys that bought baits from me and i didnt send tracking right away