Why the Slammer?

Aconway94

The xl and giant slammers require a separate rig imo, and so I never got into em much. I have settled on those fat 2x slammers from 06 tho which I have thrown on my ordinary slammer rig

you got a picture of the size difference between an 06 and a different year? would love to see how much bigger they are! 

this is why i love slammers

An 06 is not necessarily any fatter than a newer one. They just all vary. I’ve said it a million times. I have older ones that are incredibly skinny, as welll as newer ones. People also try to say old ones crank better. Also a myth. I have old ones that won’t crank at all. I’ve also had some that ONLY crank and won’t wake

Will try to take some pics of the 2x 06s I have. But search here I think I did that before. They are fat boys that are pure wakers...the 2x 9 inch crankers mike now makes remind me of those older year styles. That is interesting cuz the wider ones want to float but I think Mike uses em to get a weight in there for them to crank a foot or two down. They do dive nicely and easily, they also wake great too. A very tough bait to put down imo just alot of fun.

this may be crazy but anyone try and make a 7 inch slammer sink? if i could get it to suspend that would be a deadly bait! pause it or hell even let it slow rise in front of a piece of structure, that would get crushed!!