Guide select

jordan

I would for the 250 I throw everything from the six inch hudd to the gancraft 303 on it. Been working just fine for me. Its better for soft plastics lots of backbone on that rod. I've only lost two fish because it doesn't have a much of a parabolic bend But they were small and wasn't controlling head shakes was trying to bring them up and over cover. Also use I use mono for stretch so my hook to land ratio has been really high with this rod.

I know it’s a decent inexpensive big bait rod, but the Okuma xxh is an absolutely pool cue. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone for tossing a 250. I fished a 250 on mine for a season and lost some giant fish. It just is stiff as a board to the tip. If you have the extra money, I’d highly recommend finding a used Dobyns 867 or 908. Those both fish big baits FAR better. And I mean FARRRR better. You can find a very lightly used 867 or 908 for $180-$200 shipped. If you don’t have the extra money, you’re stuck with the Okuma cuz I don’t think there’s really any other inexpensive options for 6+ punch baits

I know it’s a decent inexpensive big bait rod, but the Okuma xxh is an absolutely pool cue. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone for tossing a 250. I fished a 250 on mine for a season and lost some giant fish. It just is stiff as a board to the tip. If you have the extra money, I’d highly recommend finding a used Dobyns 867 or 908. Those both fish big baits FAR better. And I mean FARRRR better. You can find a very lightly used 867 or 908 for $180-$200 shipped. If you don’t have the extra money, you’re stuck with the Okuma cuz I don’t think there’s really any other inexpensive options for 6+ punch baits

I agree, the xxh is a broomstick! It'll work but there are far better rods out there for the 250. I also threw the 250 on it for a season and lost a couple big fish on it trying to horse em in. One was a potential PB too! This is refering to the older guide selects not the newer "a" series, I got no experience with those. If you're looking for a budget 250 rod and dont mind a shorter handle, check out the Irod 805 xl swim. It retails for a little more than the okuma but its worth it IMO.

Ohhh I forgot about irod! I actually just ordered the new 8’6†and got it for like $120 for the Black Friday sale. I suspect that’s gonna be a way better rod! I actually got it for 8†weedless hudds but I bet it’s money for the 250

Oh damn! I didn't even know irod had an 8'6 now...seems like they are targeting the hinkle/mother range with it. Seems pretty legit at that price range too!

Yup they just dropped it not too long ago. 5-12oz rating. I have a buddy who’s been fishing it and loves it! Says it’s worth much more than the $150 price tag