8� Punker Pre order

Rj3anderson

No idea but I guess I have one of his new 8" Jedi trouts, been throwing it for maybe a month, and it has fallen apart faster than any punker I've ever seen. It's gonna start sinking if I don't renovate it soon. 

Would you say that even though its the same company that produced the originals that the quality now sucks.  I have a NIB 6" wood and was looking to grab an 8 but if there now missing the quality they once had i think i will pass...  Seems like they wanted a payday selling at the going rate of 100 bucks and that would be ok if they maintained quality...

Would you say that even though its the same company that produced the originals that the quality now sucks.  I have a NIB 6" wood and was looking to grab an 8 but if there now missing the quality they once had i think i will pass...  Seems like they wanted a payday selling at the going rate of 100 bucks and that would be ok if they maintained quality...

I wouldn't necessarily say the quality now sucks, cause this is the only new version I have used, and most of the rest are all sitting on peoples shelves so we're certainly not going to be hearing from them about the durability, so as far as I know I may have just gotten a bunk one. 

Swims awesome, I just think maybe he forgot to lay down some adhesion promoters between layers or some sh;t, cause the epoxy flew off faster than my first run of wrapped baits, an thats saying something. 

Would you say that even though its the same company that produced the originals that the quality now sucks. 

I will say it -- their quality now sucks. I have seen several of the newer eight inch baits that floated on their sides. And, I know two people that have had fish pull the hardware out of the newer ones.

I will say it -- their quality now sucks. I have seen several of the newer eight inch baits that floated on their sides. And, I know two people that have had fish pull the hardware out of the newer ones.

Yikes...Wasn't there some kind of controversy or something with Black Dog a while back? And Tackle Warehouse stopped carrying their baits? I don't know the whole story, I'm a noob.

I believe TW stopped carrying them when they could no longer fill their POs in a timely manner, if at all. Some folks give tackle warehouse a hard time about their arrival dates not being accurate but that's usually on the vendor and not TW

So I don't know much about much. What I do know is that 2 years ago Jeremy of Black dog had a nasty "split" between him and his business partner, 7 months later him and his wife go through a divorce. They are just finalizing alll the paper work. He is attempting to keep his house, boat, and business.

The 8" punkers should be here in the next week then they need to be fine tuned and then painted up. I'm working side by side with Jeremy to help him with the these Punkers and help him tie up any other loose ends that I can help out with.

He's trying to get back on track, life has just come at him pretty sideways the last 2 years. If I can help answer any other info please shoot me a PM.

• 4 weeks later...

The above post is absolutely correct, What he doesn't say is he is balancing his 3 daughters time and trying to get work done at the same time. Oh and did I mention he had a job also. The guy is trying to do the best he can to get the newest run of baits out. The factory that he was using sent him a batch of bad ones that he he had to go through one by one to get right. Were they perfect? maybe some better than others but you can bet the new ones will be back to the norm. Are they more expensive? Yes, all baits are going up just like everything else. Face it, this is a bait that will work forever as long as there is a predator out there in the water to eat it it will get bit. The fish have told us that.

he he had to go through one by one to get right. Were they perfect? maybe some better than others  . . .

I don't expect "perfect" but having a brand-new stick bait that floats on it's side, with the hooks on, is a very, very long way from perfect. So is watching a fish pull the hardware right out of my friend's Punker when he got a decent fish on. 

I understand that sometimes life gets in the way of running a business but it would take a lot more than promises to try harder to get me to buy from them again.

• 4 weeks later...

So I don't know much about much. What I do know is that 2 years ago Jeremy of Black dog had a nasty "split" between him and his business partner, 7 months later him and his wife go through a divorce. They are just finalizing alll the paper work. He is attempting to keep his house, boat, and business.

The 8" punkers should be here in the next week then they need to be fine tuned and then painted up. I'm working side by side with Jeremy to help him with the these Punkers and help him tie up any other loose ends that I can help out with.

He's trying to get back on track, life has just come at him pretty sideways the last 2 years. If I can help answer any other info please shoot me a PM.

Will other Lunker Punkers in the future be fined tuned? So no more will be sitting sideways in the water.