Undertaker 2.0

Craig

I've recently started experimenting with Polyurethane. It allows me to do a few things that wood doesn't so I decided to tweak the Undertaker. I'm super please with how it came out and its a big change to the original.

#1: I added a Buoyancy Control Chamber so the lure can be be changed from suspending (the default) to either floating or to various sink rates, in under a minute.

#2: I managed to increase the glide length by making a few small tweaks> Changed the swim from a tight wiggle to a nice 3 foot glide.

#3: I increased stability by adding a small back spoiler (removable/replaceable). That further increases glide length and it can be worked at high speed.

#4: Getting further UNDER, a combination of the increased glide and stability allows the Undertaker to get around 2m under cover.

There are a few other positives, like being able to fish it Twerk Style or even Butch Brown rig it, but getting it under cover is the main design feature of the Undertaker. I wanted something to swim deep into floating cover, to where the big girls live unmolested by most lures.

The wooded Undertaker has given me a few PBs and I have very high hopes for the new improved version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzsczInuuP4

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with how this moves.

I can just imagine it in "undertaker" mode banging against rock walls or against docks...awesome work once again, Craig!

That's one of my favourite retrieves Dan. I was bouncing it along a cliff face and his bass popped out and opened its mouth. The Undertaker just glided in. Unfortunatly my mouth mimicked the bass and I just sat there with my mouth open in shock until she spat it out. Still makes me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...