Tranx 301 or 401?

AndZ

No need for Rocket oil if you use it for big baits. Ask the musky guys they grease their spool bearings if they use baits that are heavier than 8 oz.

What do you think of the BB 809 blank compared to the swb 808 blank. Does it perform better with big baits?

Got that, thanks! The BB809-1IM is more parabolic, more powerful and overall I like it better for Deps 250. Will use it this spring with Gan Craft 303 and other 12" baits and report back. Word is it can handle up to 11 oz. no problemo. 

Ok. I hoped that the swb blank is more powerfull than the bb. Had the chance to fish the bb blank for a few days really loved it but for me it performed best in the 2-5 maybe 6 oz range.

This helps me a lot if I should get the swb blank or not because I have no chance to handle one here in Austria.

Searching for something a bit heavier. Maybe I should try a St. Croix Lipstick blank.

I think there may be a confusion in terms and blank models. The BB I'm talking about is a prototype swim bait blank, you can find info about it here:

http://andreizabet.ro/best-by-test/the-lightsaber.html

I'm not aware that this blank to be currently available for sale with NFC. The BB blank you may refer to could be a Back Bounce blank, which is rated up to 5 or 6 oz. for vertical bouncing, its casting weight is much, much lower.

The SWB808-1 blank from NFC is a different one. And the EDGE Swim Bait 807-1 IM rod is a different one, that can handle more that it says on it (1/2 - 5 oz.). I cast Deps 250 regularly on it. So, there are different blanks.