SS 175 Setup

kev_swmbt_20

being a fresh newb to swimbaits I can't say I know a bunch about all the different setups and whatnot BUT I followed what SU has gave me for knowledge and grabbed a Dobyns Fury 795 and just got my first Deps 175 Slide Swimmer and I got out after work when there was still some light to see the action of the 175 and see what drives people crazy for these baits and now after owning and seeing this bait in the water I fully understand why folks swear by a Deps SS 175 or 250. The rod handled throwing the bait just fine I was throwing it on some 20lb CoPoly on a beater reel that I don't plan on using for swimbaits since it's a convential size Baitcasting reel and the clutch in the reel would prolly blow apart after a month of constant use so figured I'd use the beater reel just to see the action before water freezes here in NY. I have nothing but good to say though about the Fury 795 though as a recommendation