Looking for F5 custom rods review

ErodSlingingBaits

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give my insight as I feel I've owned one of his earlier swimbait rods from the beginning before the fame, hahaha. I have a custom 7'6" 1-4oz rod made by F5 aka Brad. The rod is perfect for what I throw most of the time. 4.5"-7" soft and hard baits. The rod ratings are true from what I've been throwing. I've even threw some 6.5oz baits on it. I throw anything from the 5" smashtech swimbaits to 7" abt glides. I never had issues with hook ups or losing a fish, because my rod is too short/stiff. It's not, the tip action is right at  moderate fast, plenty of backbone. Which is exactly what I want, in order to have a more versatile rod. Overall it's a great rod. Does what I need and maybe a little bit more. Secondly Brad has top notch service. When ordering or thinking about ordering a rod, he gives you his insight base on what you want to throw. Then he gives you ideas and answers your questions. He is really focus on making something you WILL WANT to use. After dealing with some of the other rod builders out there, Brad really keeps you in the loop.