PB replica mount layout options... Need opinions...

22RangerZ520R

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which mount layout....?

• Mount #1
    • Mount #2
    • Mount #3

F that bro. Get it on a duck mount ( table mount) where you can get 3D view of it. I did that too my pb- lil more expensive but WELL worth it!!! If not go with the 3rd

I thought about doing 3D, but it was just too much coin.... 

I'm already just shy of $4k for two mounts he's doing for me... (PB largemouth, 12lb 8oz and PB smallie, 6lb 4oz)

I am going to guess that your trip was in Mexico?  I paid $384 shipped for my 12lbs replica and it's one of the nicest ones I have ever seen.  He did more than just drift wood as well.  Let me know if you would like my guys number, he is out of Lake Fork Texas. 

You shouldn't pay any more than $22-24 an inch for a replica,,. 4k for 2 bass sounds very VERY suspicious.... 

The blank he's using is a pretty basic Arp 3d and costs him 220$ from the store with a 20$ piece of resin driftwood, so that means you're paying close to $1700 for a paint job that will be very very basic... 

Hit Lawrence up, you'll save a lot of cheddar and get a MUCH better product.....

Just tryna help, I see way too many people getting gouged by taxidermists and it's just obnoxious... especially for the quality 

I am going to guess that your trip was in Mexico?  I paid $384 shipped for my 12lbs replica and it's one of the nicest ones I have ever seen.  He did more than just drift wood as well.  Let me know if you would like my guys number, he is out of Lake Fork Texas.

True, Jon’s mount looks incredible!!!

There is a guy at lake fork that was gonna do my girls 8lbr and he showed me some of his work through txt msg,,,,,it was about 600 and the scales were next to none- mine was a skin mount and i couldnt tell the difference scale wise. The fins and lips though thats another question,,,,she was pretty beat up and trashed so thats harder to duplicate. She wouldnt revive so i sent her to our old timer here and it took him 11/2 yrs to complete. Im sure he's not around anymore he about died 3 times while working on her.

You shouldn't pay any more than $22-24 an inch for a replica,,. 4k for 2 bass sounds very VERY suspicious.... 

The blank he's using is a pretty basic Arp 3d and costs him 220$ from the store with a 20$ piece of resin driftwood, so that means you're paying close to $1700 for a paint job that will be very very basic... 

Hit Lawrence up, you'll save a lot of cheddar and get a MUCH better product.....

Just tryna help, I see way too many people getting gouged by taxidermists and it's just obnoxious... especially for the quality 

His name is Dave Campbell (www.davecampbellfish.com), I did a bunch of research and his name kept coming up as being one of the best in the country.  I saw many companies that were in the $400-$600 price range for a replica mount and the paint jobs I saw just looked like a cheap air brush job and no gill, fin or inner mouth detail.  He pays attention to each individual scale during the paint job.  He said he has around 22-24 man hours tied up in the paint job per each "master grade" mount that he does, I sure hope that 22-24 hours worth of painting does turn out "very basic"..... 

I didn't want to "bargain shop" for a mount, I've read a bunch of reviews online of guys regretting going with a "cheaper" guy in the $400-$600 price range.  It's a "piece" I'm going to enjoy for the rest of my life and didn't want to cut corners.  I have a skin mount already of a 7lb bass I caught back in high school and I already know that these two replicas will look realer than it does.

No sir, Lake Chickamauga, TN. 

It was an insane trip, broke my PB 5 times in 4 days.  Had a 35lb bag one day, a 34lb 8oz bag the next day then on the very last day I caught just one single fish, but it was the 12lb 8oz.  My best 5 fish for the whole 4 day trip were:  12lb 8oz, 9lb 4oz, 9lb 4oz, 8lb and 8lb.

PM sent on your guys number...  Thanks!

No sir, Lake Chickamauga, TN. 

It was an insane trip, broke my PB 5 times in 4 days.  Had a 35lb bag one day, a 34lb 8oz bag the next day then on the very last day I caught just one single fish, but it was the 12lb 8oz.  My best 5 fish for the whole 4 day trip were:  12lb 8oz, 9lb 4oz, 9lb 4oz, 8lb and 8lb.

PM sent on your guys number...  Thanks!

Chickamauga is like little Mexico man that place is the real deal !

I didnt realize you were getting it done by Dave, he does do incredible work! I was under the assumption you were getting it done by a shmuck that was tryna swipe your $, I don't remember Dave ever charging that much but I also don't see a lot of people order their mounts with competition quality. That should turn out great. 

Did you ask what other options he has available other than driftwood or are you pretty set on that style? 

His name is Dave Campbell (www.davecampbellfish.com), I did a bunch of research and his name kept coming up as being one of the best in the country.  I saw many companies that were in the $400-$600 price range for a replica mount and the paint jobs I saw just looked like a cheap air brush job and no gill, fin or inner mouth detail.  He pays attention to each individual scale during the paint job.  He said he has around 22-24 man hours tied up in the paint job per each "master grade" mount that he does, I sure hope that 22-24 hours worth of painting does turn out "very basic"..... 

I didn't want to "bargain shop" for a mount, I've read a bunch of reviews online of guys regretting going with a "cheaper" guy in the $400-$600 price range.  It's a "piece" I'm going to enjoy for the rest of my life and didn't want to cut corners.  I have a skin mount already of a 7lb bass I caught back in high school and I already know that these two replicas will look realer than it does.

*doesn't turn out "very basic".....*