Anyone fishing a deps 250 in Florida

Rangermike

I was in florida the past 2 weeks for winter break and was using a slide swimmer 175 in japanese trout. I caught a bunch of nice 5lb + fish on it and they didn't seem to mind the color. Im sure the 250 will work. It was a grind to get bites during the middle of the day when it was bright and sunny but in the early morning and evening, the slide swimmer slayed for me. Hope this helps

i second Top Ramen, in my opinion i dont think color matters at all, from all my experience its all about the action and a little the profile, if you have a proven bait like the 250 you could paint a picture of a dog on it and it would still get bit, the only exception to that in my opnion is if youre fishing chocolate milk water and need a darker color for visibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this until recently.

Most of the lakes I've fished here (I'm a resident) that I've been successful with routinely have been the std. 6" Hudd, Hudd 68, Roman Made Negotiator, 6-8" Triple Trout, 6" BBZ, 3:16 7" Rising Son, etc. See a pattern? These baits will consistently get you 3-8# bass. Now if you want bigger bass, than that's a different story altogether; definitely 10" and bigger territory. Muddy silty water, go with darker patterns. Clear water, try to match the hatch if you can otherwise bump up your retrieve speed so they can't get a good look at it. Initially it's about contrasting patterns and silhouettes that get and hold a basses attention, then it's about noise or the lack of it that will bring him to the bait or scare him away.