Fishing Man Cave ideas?

asavamedhi

So, I just recently found out that I am going to have my first child. Scary but I guess its time (I'm 32yrs old). Now that I know what to plan for, I need to re-organize my garage. I currently have all my fishing gear such as rods, tackle boxes, and lures just laying around in what I call my "game room". I know I'm going to need extra room when the baby comes. I was thinking of peg board and some sort of work bench? Do you guys have any ideas on a fishing man cave? Or better yet, can you share a picture of your current setup? Fishing for ideas. Thanks. 

I faced a similar challenge about 14 years ago (and at about the same age) when my first kid was on the way (congratulations, by the way!).  I went with a fishing "closet" in the basement with accordion doors that I could latch shut (make sure the latch is above kid reach range) for my gear, and then put the rods on the ceiling.  I'm at work right now but I'll take a couple of pictures when I get home and add those to this post.

Edited by FishDr

I faced a similar challenge about 14 years ago (and at about the same age) when my first kid was on the way (congratulations, by the way!).  I went with a fishing "closet" in the basement with accordion doors that I could latch shut (make sure the latch is above kid reach range) for my gear, and then put the rods on the ceiling.  I'm at work right now but I'll take a couple of pictures when I get home and add those to this post.

Thank you!

Congrats on the first kid. I too, put everything in the closet. It's the smallest closet because my wife took all the big ones. But still more than enough space for just my gears.

Thank you.

When we added on to the house with an office, basement etc I got a garage dedicated to the boat and fishing stuff (all in the master plan 8-) ). I built several work benches, other storage areas and a wall long rod rack. All that stuff was cheap and I used some of the scrap from the building of the structures. The pics show alot of clutter but I fish hard and don't like mundane sorting and maintenance. Winter is when I get this stuff done but the weather has been pretty warm and so I have been fishing. Good luck and congrats on the baby. We had four kids and they are still my favorite fishing partners.

post-32668-0-53760000-1515372486_thumb.jpg

post-32668-0-93107600-1515372499_thumb.jpg

post-32668-0-76078900-1515372511_thumb.jpg

post-32668-0-01836700-1515372534_thumb.jpg

post-32668-0-90431100-1515372552_thumb.jpg

I faced a similar challenge about 14 years ago (and at about the same age) when my first kid was on the way (congratulations, by the way!). I went with a fishing "closet" in the basement with accordion doors that I could latch shut (make sure the latch is above kid reach range) for my gear, and then put the rods on the ceiling. I'm at work right now but I'll take a couple of pictures when I get home and add those to this post.

Here is the rod rack.

post-17912-0-82058000-1515420562_thumb.jpeg

Here is the closet - it’s in its end of season state - I’ll be sorting and reorganizing things one cold day this winter.

post-17912-0-81085400-1515420683_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...