She's A Keeper!

danthefisherman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR-al8u0JjY

First time out recording with the gopro and first fish landed on the Keeper Trout prototype! It was a cold and windy day with not much fish activity, and I wasn't expecting much action. Spent the first couple of casts throwing double Dominator Shads on a donkey rig (one with a harness and the other on a 4/0 Owner Beast...thanks Shawn "Scummybadger" for the idea!). I was dredging up too much vegetation on the harnessed Dominator however, so I decided to throw the Keeper Trout around a bit. It's a good thing I did.

Within fifteen minutes of arriving at our first spot I made a second cast down the windblown side of a broad point. Counted the bait down and started a slow, steady retrieve. I ended up snagging into some vegetation a few times and gave my rod a few good pops to dislodge it from the hooks. This bass hit right after one such pop...a decent size fish for our little lake and definitely an opportunistic cold weather feeder. I did NOT expect to land anything on the Keeper during winter time, hence the extravagant display of excitement upon landing this fish. So Stoked!

Rod: Irod Bailey Swim
Reel: Shimano Cardiff 300a
Line: 20lb Berkeley Big Game mono
Lure: Lil' Piggy Swimbaits Keeper Trout prototype (5pc, slow sink, hard tail, Dark Rainbow)

Camera: GoPro Hero 5 Black (unedited)

Arrrggg, oh my goodness!!

Lolol it was quite unexpected  

I guess the fish like it! Congrats!

I guess so! Thanks Andrew! 

Haha....pure stoke and all on video, congrats!

Thank you sir! 

Awesome!! Stoke is so great!!

Haha yeah it is! Thanks David!  

Great video! Been so long since I’ve caught a fish I’m sure I’ll be the same way...Congrats

Thanks Tim! Man I feel you it's been a tough year for me...and then all of a sudden I land a few once winter swings around lol

Love it! Well done.

Thanks Jeff!  

It's awesome when those long hours at the workbench pay off. Congrats Dan, keep up the great work!!

Thank you, Will! It definitely is...makes any catch way more meaningful in my opinion. And I will!

Love the way you made the video, pauses for info about equipment and bait and sped up the other retrieves.  I can hear the joy in your voice after the fish is netted, that is what fishing is all about and why I switched to swimbait fishing exclusively.  The small bass I was catching did not get me fired up anymore and I did not care if they even came unhooked before I boated them.  Congrats, that was a great catch and video.

Love the way you made the video, pauses for info about equipment and bait and sped up the other retrieves.  I can hear the joy in your voice after the fish is netted, that is what fishing is all about and why I switched to swimbait fishing exclusively.  The small bass I was catching did not get me fired up anymore and I did not care if they even came unhooked before I boated them.  Congrats, that was a great catch and video.

Thanks, Dru! This is good to hear...and I totally agree. There's such a higher level of personal struggle and accomplishment in swimbait fishing that using a senko can't quite match. I think that's how bait making really caught on for me because it likewise made fishing WAY more personal than just going to Walmart for baits. Now I never want to go back to what fishing used to be for me...it's not just a pastime, it's a passion.

Sorry ran out of likes haha