Deal Alert Tatula200HD

NEbucketmouth19

I hope so! I'm looking to buy a couple of high dollar Dobyns rods soon and was pumped to see I could save $50 per rod with that code.

Do they advertise the code somewhere? Mailing list or anything?

If you're a veteran, you can buy direct from Dobyns for 30% off.

I know I'm a little late to the party on this thread but just thought I'd give my $0.02

I bought one of these reels about 3 years ago. I used it almost exclusively on a Dobyns Fury 795 for throwing A-rigs. It worked fine for about one season and then it started to get rough. Not crazy bad but definitely rough and the casting distance diminished quite a bit. After another season it was pretty much done and I junked it. I will say, I fish a lot and I'm pretty hard on reels. I don't go out of my way to take extreme care of them either. They get some oil here and there and they go back to work so if you're anal about reel maintenance you may get more life out of them. But to me, they just didn't stand up to what I threw at them. I bought a Lews BB2 (which they apparently don't make anymore) and I've had nothing but perfect performance from that reel for a long time now. For $92, the Tatula would be pretty hard to pass up, but you should definitely take plenty of time to clean and oil them if you want to get some longevity.

One more minor complaint. If you're a line feeler like me (meaning you hold your index finger under your line right in front of the reel) then the T-wing level wind system on this reel will drive you nuts. You'll end up lifting the line out of the line guide and all the line will end up on one side of your spool. Just FYI.