Best Glide Bait for Under $75?

Sellersrobe

I am new to swimbait fishing in general, and the sleek lines of glide baits caught my eye. Obviously, I would love to buy a Negotiator or Mother, but can' afford them (I'm a kid). It needs to be under 3 ounces, as I have the 3/4 to 2 ounce E6X, but I think I can lob some baits a little bigger. I was considering the Duo Realis Onimasu, Megabass I-Slide 175, or the more expensive Gan Craft 175. What would you guys recommend? Keep in mind, the cheaper the better for me. Thanks! (Also, if you guys have any you want to sell PM me)

For the money the swaiver is going to be hard to beat.  I have a bunch and its my first bait i learned to get into glide baits.  They swim very good and if you loose one you dont want to cry like looking a hinkle.  If your going used you could pick up a slide swimmer 175 for a little bit more money.  I have two but have not fished them near as much as my waivers.  

S-Wavers and Shine Glides are friendly on the wallet while still providing good performance. No better place to start with glides IMO.

And if you're serious about the big bait thing, get yourself a setup that can handle it before you start buying high dollar baits. Trust me lol

Islide 185 is my fav. Very reliable out of the box on a slow reel retrieve, nothing fancy needed other than polarized glasses. Haven't thought to pick up the others again. Swavers r great too but they often need a tune..heard good things about savage gear as others have said...the biggest mistake newbies make is to think all of the tricks are the triggers i.e. 360 degree turns etc. But a slow handle meander is the best starting point since you are trying to imitate injured prey.

I really like the gancraft 178s but you could also try a drt tiny klash.  Its around 2oz and can be fished like a glide with the lip out (reel pops or worked with the rod) or lip in as a crank down.  I've seen both baits go for about 50 bucks so you could grab either & a shine glide.

Also I don't think it's considered a true glide bait but the gantarel was a bait that gave me a lot of confidence when I first started. You will be able to find one of these cheap & should match the forage in CT.

It all boils down to preference.  Good luck!

In 8th grade I started off with an swaver 168 and fished it until I was able to consistently catch fish on it and I knew I would stick with swim-baiting. Then I went on Ebay and bought a 175 silent killer for 35$ and converted it myself, and learned how to fish it to its best ability. I would wait to buy a nicer bait like the gancraft until you're sure you are gonna stick with this style of fishing, especially if you're younger and don't have a steady source of revenue.