Deps Silent Killer Mod to SS??

Bigbassking925

It's worth it if you don't mind ripping out the lip, and will never use it as a floater. And for the weight, some vendors on ebay do sell them if you don't want to make your own. 

Ya I don't mind ripping off the lip, but i'm concerned about the belly weight. I see them for the 175, but not for the 250 (the one I need haha). Could tungsten putty work? 

yeah Tungsten putty works fine. 

My only deal with tungsten putty is that it kind of has a grasp on the plastic. So once it's sitting in the mold and you put the plastic exterior on, it can be a bit tough to remove the skin to get the weight correct. 

Ya I don't mind ripping off the lip, but i'm concerned about the belly weight. I see them for the 175, but not for the 250 (the one I need haha). Could tungsten putty work? 

I'd try to make a weight by hammering a sliding sinker weight and have a scale to weight the lead as you shape it. Try to get an even number to make it simple, 20grams 25 grams and so on. Butch brown pours his belly weights for the 250s which is the preferred way but a high initial cost to get a mold and setup just for 250 weights. 

I haven't really looked hard at tungsten putty because I haven't found a need for it (yet) but the site I order my tungsten weights from has the putty. What I noticed was that it is less dense than lead so it will weigh less than pure lead of the same volume. Just something to consider. Also great prices on tungsten weights for conventional fishing if you haven't seen the website.

http://omfishingsinkers.com/Tungsten-Sinke/Tunsten-putty-black-free-shipping-if-your-order-is--40-or-more-Delivery-time-9-11days_p-80500.html

"The minimum density is 10g/cm3"

Lead is listed at 11.34g/cm3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead

I started off with old bullet weights that I hammered together. I started off heavy and then kept shaving the weights with sandpaper until I got the slowest sink possible with #25 and an egg snap. I like to make the weights myself since its cheaper and you're able to tune the bait yourself. I didn't even have to glue in the weights either if you're worried about damaging the body of the bait.