Carolina rigged Bullshad

Loganodum38

Anyone ever done this technique? i was studying for a calculus exam and started procrastinating on youtube and saw this guy "mikeybalzz" carolina rigging a Floating bullshad ( 6 foot leader 1oz bullet wt.) to get it down to 25-30 ft. never really thought about it but also wondered why i havent thought about it before.  He has pretty good success on the big O. in theory you could C-rig any bait although would probably but possibly not (you never know) kill the action on a glide. anyways heres the link to the video 

Thoughts on this?

Family friend used to do the same thing with the biggest floating Rattletrap they make.. put it about 6 feet behind an egg sinker and slow troll along river bank dropoffs. This was in a brackish tidal river zone so he was more going for reds and trout but he would nail nice bass and stripers on the reg too.

Trolling has somewhat fallen out of favor, mostly due to tournament fishing, but if you ask a lot of the old timer bass greats what they would resort to if their life depended on catching a DD and most would probably tell you trolling of some kind. Pretty sure the biggest 5 fish limit of all time is 72lbs and it was done by Bill Murphy trolling big Rapala plugs..

C-rigging works great with more buoyant baits, swimshotting tends to be better with less buoyant or neutrally buoyant baits. I used to love c-rigging a classic rapala over trash bottoms with a brass weight and glass bead, especially in small mouth rivers.