Hudd DD

Jace D

So some of you have probably already seen these fish but I'll post it here anyway.

Had a good evening of fishing with Collin this past weekend. We got up early and fished hard with swimbaits all day with nothing to show but we've done well in the evenings at this particular lake many times so we always stay til after dark. So, about 20 minutes before dark I get bit on a Shasta Hudd 12 and hook up but it comes off. Weird, since our hook to land ratio on hudds is extremely good. So then Collin catches a 5 on a rainbow hudd 12. Then he hooks another one and it comes off. Really weird. We started thinking that maybe the fish just weren't seeing it real good and weren't eating it all the way so we started just fishing the hudds like a jig. Just pull up over the rocks and let it fall and sit for a second. A few casts more and Collin hooks and catches a 4. I make a cast and start getting thumped but can't seem to hook the fish. I make another cast and get thumped and set and finally hook one. I start reeling and Collin gets the net. He asks, "is it a small one?" Just as I say "no" it comes up and does a little flop and we could tell it was a good one. Collin nets it and says "Oh, that's a ten bud!" He drops the net and I grab the fish and right when I get the hook out Collin sets into another one. So I throw the fish in the livewell real quick and grab the net. We net his fish which ends up being a 6. We made a few more cast into the dark but the action stops as quick as it started. We ended up with a little more than 27 lbs for 4 fish with a 10-6 kicker. Only one fish for me but it was the right one and thats why we throw the big baits. One fish can make your day. Ended up being a great day on the water.

post-18520-0-93073400-1517550975_thumb.png

post-18520-0-94373900-1517551015_thumb.jpegpost-18520-0-21291600-1517551035_thumb.jpegpost-18520-0-50139000-1517551052_thumb.jpeg