Garmin Mapping Feature?

Top Ramen

I'm thinking of getting a Garmin GPS/Sonar unit and one of the features that's important to me is the ability to generate charts/maps of some of the smaller bodies of water I fish. Do any of y'all have experience with the Garmin mapping system? If so, how do you like it.

The other brands seem to all want me to either use a Windows computer or share my maps on a web site. Not going to do either of those.

Humminbird helix G2 units all have the Auto Chart feature now which is pretty awesome. It will chart HD maps as you idle around. It will also store up to 8 hrs just on the internal memory or you can get a memory card from humminbird and have nearly unlimited data. Not sure if you're trying to get a physical printout of the maps or just need it on your graph but if it's the latter, then the humminbird auto chart is the way to go I think.

Humminbird helix G2 units all have the Auto Chart feature now which is pretty awesome. It will chart HD maps as you idle around. It will also store up to 8 hrs just on the internal memory or you can get a memory card from humminbird and have nearly unlimited data. Not sure if you're trying to get a physical printout of the maps or just need it on your graph but if it's the latter, then the humminbird auto chart is the way to go I think.

I want to be able to print a map and add notes.