Line for hudds and mags

Andrewwang1769

I like 20 yozuri hybrid, going to try fluoro clear pline soon too. Reason I like hybrid is the claim that the sun or heat doesn't effect it. Since my hudd rod does not fit into my rod locker it is always exposed. Like all fluoro blends be sure spool does not twist on spooling because you will create weak spots. Also be careful of birds nests with bigger baits. Even if u get em out they often create a weak spot. Last thing I recommend you spend your first couple of casts each trip working out residual line memory etc. It usually takes a cast or two. good luck.

I like the abrazX seaguar in 20 for hudds and 25 for Mags. If you have dirty water and sticky bottom just go with the 25. Very low stretch with this line so you have good feel of the bait swimming and bumping bottom.

20# Seaguar Invisx for both. AbrazX is good as well just more expensive and I can't tell a huge difference. I know this is not what guys want to hear when you're spending $25+ per spool of fluoro, but, you really should be changing line on your reels very frequently. My brother and I change our line out about every 3-5 trips. Best way to save line is to use some 20# mono as backing and only put about 100 yds of fluoro on at a time. You won't ever need more than 100 yds of castable line on your reel at a time (no matter what kind of claims guys make about their own casting distance) and why waste line that will likely never see water anyway? Line is by far our biggest tackle related expense. If it wasn't for gas in the boat and truck it would be THE biggest expense. But, in my opinion, it's essential for more than just preventing breakage but also for making long and accurate casts and less time pulling out backlash. It's worth it if you can afford it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

25lb P-Line CXX. Stuff probably tests closer to somewhere between 30 and 35.

Tried the whole fluoro thing and friggin hated it for swimbaits. ish costs twice as much as copoly or mono and breaks off twice as often. You're one kink, nick or backlash away from your bait flying off into the wild blue yonder. I've backlashed the spool to a dead stop in the middle of a cast with mono without casting the bait off. Never had a break off on the hookset with mono either. I've lost lures to both on fluoro (and braid).

Tried the whole fluoro thing and friggin hated it for swimbaits. ish costs twice as much as copoly or mono and breaks off twice as often. You're one kink, nick or backlash away from your bait flying off into the wild blue yonder. I've backlashed the spool to a dead stop in the middle of a cast with mono without casting the bait off. Never had a break off on the hookset with mono either. I've lost lures to both on fluoro (and braid).

Lol, there is a joke out here that Berkeley called their fluoro vanish because it would vanish off of of the spool. Quality has improved over time tho. Edited by bigpoppabass

X1000000