Headed to AustinTx

LUV-2-CATCH'EM

I'm headed to Austin Tx early Friday morning....leaving Sunday to head home

I plan to stop and hit up any good looking water I see but honestly don't know where to start

Any helpful hints and tips would be greatly appreciated...I'm be bank bound on foot

Limited on time since I'm in town to see family...but plan to get as much time fishing when I can

Anyone want to meet up please send me a PM...allways enjoy meeting ya'll

Peace-Justin

You can get a canoe out of one of the rentals and do ladybird lake. Supposed to have good size bass there. I brought one pole on my last road trip there and got a few shorts. Water is insanely clear. Caugh my only fish on a watermelon red flake 7" worm. It was in late December and my first fishing trip there. I will be bringing bigger baits for spring break.

Thanks guys...

Looks like I have until 2pm to fish on Friday...so I'm bringing my Hobie kayak

Ladybird lake is the target so it looks like I could put in at Holiday Inn boat ramp or Fesival Beach Boat ramp???

Not sure if they are open or if one is better than the other

Anyone want to meet up I'll be there in the morning

Peace

There are several ramps and i went upstream from the main bridge when i fished.  It gets shallow up near the dam and from what i have read in reviews there is better fishing to the south.  Only been there once so i am stretching to give you what few crumbs of knowledge i have.  I chose the direction i went based on wind and being in a vessel that i had not paddled before.  Most of the rental places are in the middle that i saw so going to one end would get you away from the rental people and collisions.   There is a dog park to the north before the dam also so that may also be a consideration if you are throwing big baits and dont want any mammal followers.