Brayden's Gill

Rogervang

Lately my son and I have been working on a gill bait. One night he got a piece of wood and wanted a fish drawn on it. After a couple attempt we decided this was going to be our final draft of drawing (keep in mind, he's only going to be two. Haha) he was happy with it and so was I. Like any "almost" 2 year olds, he played with it for a couple mins and it ends up on the ground. I looked at it and decided to cut it out and mess around with it. As the wood slowly turns into a fish, he started liking it more and more. So what the heck. Carved out the mouth, gills, body shape ect. He even help me sand down the one side. Turned out pretty cool. So this went from just playing around to a project. Sometimes Brayden wouldn't even let me work on it. but hopefully soon enough he'll have more than enough of the same fish to play with

post-20509-0-62543900-1518066152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rogervang

The pass weekend we found so time for the gill. We got a couple of steps down and ran into some error. On the single joint its perfect. On the multi joints, the bottom fin takes too much space. I ended up cutting it off in order to place the hardwares. The single joint will have to wait because we ran out of product.

post-20509-0-73358500-1518718958_thumb.jpg

post-20509-0-76149500-1518718987_thumb.jpg

post-20509-0-51331600-1518719045_thumb.jpg