Fundraiser / Funds for the Magic Man?

PNW bass

As some of you know, former SU member Chris the “Magic Man†had a boat accident on the Delta recently that left him and his dog... not to mention his boat, more than a little beat up. I’d for one, like to help.

I’m personally a little busy still running a busy snow ski shop to manage running it, but I’d certainly like to at least begin a conversation about it. I’m also happy to donate a bait or two, in addition to a high end pair of sunglasses to kick off a raffle too.

Anyone want to jump in and lead this? Let’s do this SU!

So the story goes..

Chris was driving about 35mph in his boat in the CA Delta in s slough that he is very familiar with.. he felt a quick thump like maybe a submerged stump.. then whatever it was wedged his motor sideways which forced him into a drainage pipe up next to a bank..the impact ejected him forward ripping thru his front console.. shattering his left leg below his knee.. and shattering his bow mount lowrance unit with his face

Chris will require surgery to repair his leg bones and has a total loss in his boat.. those things will eventually heal and be replaced.. the thing Chris is most worried about is his dog Ricki.. she was his co captain that day and she suffered a broken vertebrae.. she's currently undergoing major surgery.

We would like to start a raffle to help cover the surgery cost of $8k

We're not expecting to cover it but anything helps..

I will be collecting on his behalf until this raffle ends.. we'd like to run it at least 2 weeks

The next post will be what we can throw in for raffle Ann's the details.. thanks SU.. this will be cross posted on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK

post-24354-0-32860200-1519084003_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-26601000-1519084035_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-33195500-1519084057_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-88264200-1519084070_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-67521500-1519084138_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-67167700-1519084168_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-17312000-1519084188_thumb.jpg

post-24354-0-01587100-1519084210_thumb.jpg

Hey Anthony Ive got a JDS Customs 10" trout swimmer to donate to the raffle if you will take it. I love this community and the fact so many fellow swimbaiters are willing to step up and help one of our own.

Please pm an address to ship.

post-28251-0-89515600-1519094047_thumb.jpg

Scary Stuff...I've been fishing the Delta for Thirty years...you get to "know " sloughs your comfortable in...but damn you just never know whats lurking below the surface....have been in situations where "mystery items go Bump" never to this degree...positive vibes to Magic Man & his loved ones...lets us know when things are set up Anthony...I'm certain the SU Family will kick it in gear..Michel

I've never met Chris in person, yet, but can honestly tell anyone that hasn't dealt with him, that he is a genuinely good dude. I bought a bait from Chris last summer and we've kept in contact here and there via text ever since. Was planning on making it to the BABC tourney this March before, but since talking with Chris, I was set on making it down. Was so bummed tgis am, when i saw his post on IG. Besides fishing obviously, and meeting some other SU members, I was so stoked to just shoot the ish with him, in person rather than text. Anyways, I'll find something to donate as well. This is a great community, and happy to be a part of it. So hey "Juan," thoughts your way for a good surgery, and quick recovery for you and little Ricki homie.

Edited by Icefreak

Alright so here's how it's going to work..

I'm going to accept PayPal on Chris' behalf from now until 3/5

durstanthony@yahoo.com

Raffle tix will be $10/ea with no limit.. if you wish to donate and not participate in the raffle then please leave that in the notes in PayPal

If you wish to donate an item for raffle please just leave it in this thread or if you wish to remain anonymous then shoot me a message.

If the bait donors want to send them to me that's fine otherwise please hold up your end and ship them to the winner of the drawing.

As it stands now the raffle items are as follows

1 pair of Smith Polarized Chromapop sunglasses

JDM DRT Tiny Klash

BNIB Lucky Lures Trout

10" JDS Custom trout

1 toxic bait 

1 of each apparel item in the BABC big cartel store if your a Large or bigger..(we'll figure something out if not)

1 mattlures surface glide trout

1 XL NEZ rat

1 bnib mattlures hardgill

Thanks everyone!

Good luck to both on their recoveries.

Here's a pretty cool bait that I'd like to donate. I've had it for 8 years or so. Has been in the wrap since I received it. It's 1 out of 10 2 piece lipless Triple Trout bluegills ever created by Scott. He had a lipped version mold way back in the day, and made a few lipped gills. Many years later, he found this mold and made 10 of these without a lip. He gave them to his buddies. They were never available to the public. This one eventually got into my hands, and has been stored in my collection since. I was told by Scott that he did not paint this one, and we both have no idea who did. But, it is a badass little bluegill, and hope it makes it into the right hands. Belongs in the Swimbait Archives/Hall of Fame/Museum if you ask me.... So whoever out there has the rare of the rare....... here's one for you!

post-25494-0-94748600-1519186520_thumb.jpg