Question about the OG wakes

WRobo

Personally, handsdown I think the OG wake is one of Mickey's most badass creations. The bait is boss. I hope to one day end up with one tied to the end of my line.

What I am confussed about is how there are a bunch of OG Wakes that go up for trade (not sale) on the blackmarket for smaller 3:16 hard baits (i.e. gills, shads, herring etc.).

I have three questions:

Are there more guys not throwing this big of bait these days?

If so, why not?

Why not just initially buy the smaller baits on the releases instead of a bait you might not of initially wanted?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the release earlier this year did not say what the bait was. I think a lot of people bought them and then realized they didn't have a rod that could throw a nearly-seven-ounce bait.

So what I am hearing is there are two things going on:

1. Bartering for baits is easier than buying the baits they want

2. Yes, people are more interested in smaller baits (easier to throw smaller baits, may not have the rod to handle the bigger baits etc.)

It's bc guys buy them to trade them. I would bet half the guys who bought them will never fish the bait long enough to get bit. They buy the big baits knowing they won't fish it but to trade for smaller stuff they want.

I did the exact opposite. Just traded a sissy 6 inch trout plus a few soft baits strait up for a red head og. I had no intention of ever fishing that sissy bait.

I'm the same, have a OG Wake and Armageddon. Can't throw them right now because I'm waiting on my XH and XXH from Ben. But once I get them, I will mostly be throwing the big baits.

I have a real tough time actually deciding which of Mickey's bait is the coolest, they are all way up there. Even the softbaits- The dude just has a great style.

I'm the same, have a OG Wake and Armageddon. Can't throw them right now because I'm waiting on my XH and XXH from Ben. But once I get them, I will mostly be throwing the big baits.

I have a real tough time actually deciding which of Mickey's bait is the coolest, they are all way up there. Even the softbaits- The dude just has a great style.

The coolest is what ever the fish are BITING ;) !

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4988

So, along the same line of questioning, why did you want to trade your blue wake jr for another color? Why not just fish the color that you got in the release?

Seems to me that people are looking for different things in baits and when they can't just place an order for the bait/color they want, they take what they can (or don't get any on a release) and trade, or buy for over retail to get what they want.

http://www.swimbaitunderground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4988

So, along the same line of questioning, why did you want to trade your blue wake jr for another color? Why not just fish the color that you got in the release?

Seems to me that people are looking for different things in baits and when they can't just place an order for the bait/color they want, they take what they can (or don't get any on a release) and trade, or buy for over retail to get what they want.

Easy answer I have two of the exact same color and one I have fished the hell out of and the other is lightly used. I purchased both in 2008 before there were the releases that happen today.

I Loaned one to a friend two or three years ago and forgot about it. Then, he reminded he still had the bait and gave it back to me. That is why I was hoping to trade for a different color on the lightly used one.

That OG wake looks like the ISH to me. I wish I woulda got one. If I didnt have a rod to throw it Id put some 30 lb big game around a coke bottle and just throw it out there and hand line it in :shock::lol::lol: Its got a really good big wake profile. One day it will be mine... :ugeek::lol: