Question about the OG wakes

WRobo

I s'pose since I do indeed have a wake in the black market right now I will explain my mindset.

I need a bigger rod, not only for the 10'' wake but for half the ish I throw anyways :lol:

I decided to offer mine up for trade the other day because after throwing it, the bait isnt too big for me to throw by mental or location means but tackle wise im not equipped right. Broke and about to graduate high school I dont have money for a rod, especially a big big bait rod considering most of those rods are customs and I would have to dish out 225$+ to facilitate the needs.

Another reason, is because although I would like to fish the bait I cant take the boat just yet on my own and spend a lot of time fishing city reservoirs and smaller local lakes that dont set up great for magnum topwaters. There is a lot of baits that would work better at those spots I.E 8''fs,6''fs shad's, and ultimately soft baits for me. Its hard to get most of those baits as we all have seen, I wouldn't be able to fish my 10'' wake as much as I would like right now so I figured theres a lot of people out there who have baits they dont use a lot and really wanted a wake. I was looking for some shad's a 6'' fs shad mix. Something like that. Even turned down offers well over retail despite my rod situation, I could have easily gotten a rod from what was offered but I wanted to try some new baits, or maybe get a spare of a bait thats working well at the moment.

I might just keep it and fish it at this point, summers coming up.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought my 10" wakebait because i happened to stumble upon the release. i bought it with the intention to use it. i have fished the hell out of it, and i love the action. i have yet to get a fish on it as though. i fish very small city lakes and i think i would do better with a wake jr. or a freestyle of some sort, something smaller. i spent a lot of money on the bait, and i can't see trading it straight up for something that was half the price or less. people are not willing to trade for equal retail cost. i don't see anyone trading a freestyle gill and wake jr. for a 10" wakebait. or how about a 6" freestyle trout and a freestyle shad for a 10" wakebait? yeah right. so i am gonna keep it and fish it some more.

i bought my 10" wakebait because i happened to stumble upon the release. i bought it with the intention to use it. i have fished the hell out of it, and i love the action. i have yet to get a fish on it as though. i fish very small city lakes and i think i would do better with a wake jr. or a freestyle of some sort, something smaller. i spent a lot of money on the bait, and i can't see trading it straight up for something that was half the price or less. people are not willing to trade for equal retail cost. i don't see anyone trading a freestyle gill and wake jr. for a 10" wakebait. or how about a 6" freestyle trout and a freestyle shad for a 10" wakebait? yeah right. so i am gonna keep it and fish it some more.

Yeah, I think it's unfair to trade something based on street prices. Instead of straight msrp that each person paid. Someone might want the FS Gill more, but they lose a good chunk of money to get it if trading another bait almost twice the price. I'd rather keep my OG Wake than trade it for a gill or even two.

Once my LDC's show up, I'm going to fish the living hell out of my OG Wake and Armageddon until they fall apart from wear.

I get what the op is saying. If you dont intend on ever throwing the bait, why take away inventory from someone who will chuck it. Ive passed up on a wake jr., baby wake and og release at retail because I really didnt have a need for them. Personally I think stock piling baits is whack. I understand bakups are nice, but with such a limited resource its a shame that so many baits never see the inside of a bass' mouth.

I get what the op is saying. If you dont intend on ever throwing the bait, why take away inventory from someone who will chuck it.

EXACTLY......

Because they aren't keeping the bait out of the hands of someone that will fish it, they are most likely keeping it out of the hands of someone that will flip it. Despite the fact that there are a few cool members on here that will help a fellow member out and sell him/her a bait around retail, most of the baits that go up for sale on here are to the highest bidder. The best way to get the baits you want at or around retail is to get in on a release or have a bait in hand that you can trade. Mickey said it best when he called his baits "some 3:16 currency."

Of the times I have posted in the black market looking for a bait there is 1 time that a fellow member hooked me up at retail. Other than that I have had zero responses or people were just trying to take me to the cleaners. Yet when I recently offered my Baby Bass Wake Jr for trade, my inbox lit up with trade and purchase offers I couldn't accept because I would feel like I was ripping those members off.

Maybe someday the hard bait distribution methods will change and we can all get the hard baits we are looking for but I wouldn't hold my breath. Regardless of how he does the releases, he will never keep everyone happy. The newer members will not remember this but Mickey let everyone sign up for a BAA in their choice of color a couple of years ago. Then greedy people f’d up the whole thing and a release like that hasn’t happened since.

I get what the op is saying. If you dont intend on ever throwing the bait, why take away inventory from someone who will chuck it.

It's not taking away inventory from someone who will chuck it.

I bought an OG matte Trout even though I knew I wouldn't throw it for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't want to see it on ebay or in a 'collection.' Second, it gave me trade leverage for getting closer to the baits I could use. I always trade retail for retail. The trade put it in the hands of a forum member who was absolutely beside himself to get it and I ended up with a bait much more suited to my needs. Everybody went away happy and the bait never ended up on ebay or being sold for above retail. Doing this actually INCREASES the odds of the bait ending up in the hands of someone on this forum who is going to fish it.

Hell yeah...................................................... Lets do it!

2 per customer all my standard colors(for a reference look at the colors on my site) with the option of a gloss or a matte finish.This time you will PREPAY so that I don't have to collect money.Sign up in this thread !Then 3:16 will post a link for you to pay. 24 hours from right now is the cut off time!!!!!!

Done! Put me down for a matte Bass and a matte Sucka!

Whooo-hoooo!

Mickey,

Sign me up! I will prepay for two wakes. One in white (or bone, ice, etc whatever its called) and one in your standard perch color (not the perch trout but the regular perch like the jr's and baby's if you can do it). Both Matte Finish 8-)

Bill

Wow, I feel like I won a lottery, thank you Mickey for helping out some of us that keep missing a release, I greatly appreciate it.

I will take one in Bass please?

What is the price going to be, I want to see if I can afford two:)?

Retail is 2 bills, cant imagine it would be less than that.

Very cool of you Mickey.

This thread is about to blow the fuch up. :lol: