Bowfin on a Hyper Herring

flaswimbaiter

I just got my Hyper Herring today in the mail from Bronze Fly and could not wait to try it out. Within a few minutes I had a 2 pound bass and then this toothy critter soon after. This was my first mudfish on a 3:16 bait, which was one of my goals this year, I just thought we would be bigger. This is one photo I am not going to be sending to Mickey. :lol:

file?id=1080587

Must be nice to catch a Bowfin on a bait that can stand up to their punishment. I used to fish Florida a lot and they used to crack my rattle traps and just completely ruin spinnerbaits.

You got that right!! I have had them bend hooks, snap hooks, crack cheap baits like rapala cranks and jerkbaits and one even bent my x-tools scale out of wack. They are like bear traps with teeth, I am so happy this one didn't remove any paint.

• 1 month later...

I had one take a BassTrix last year on the Upper Hudson River, he demolished the bait! I'v never see one up close and personal before.

My uncle scouped it up for the photo op............... nasty sucker.

post-500-14252984922088_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
We call them Shupik down in CajunLand :lol: setting the hook into these monsters will make you beleive you have a state record bucketmouth.

Nice Grinnel Dave :D

Rock - I love it when fishing frogs on lake of the Pines or Caddo when one blasts through a mat or chomps on a punched bait. It'll make you pucker up for sure :o

• 8 months later...